Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Which spare parts to get?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 12:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which spare parts to get?

Hello,

I've been ridiing for a few months now and have become a much better rider, trying stuff that I didn't think I would ever do.

Anyway, since I'm more of a daredevil now I know I'll begin breaking parts on my 2001 Raptor 660R.

Any suggestions as to which parts are commonly broken on this bike? I'm planning on going to Hatfield & McCoys later in July and thinking about buying some spare parts to take along but wondering what I should get. I'll probably get some A-arms and some tie rods what do you guys think?

thanks in advance!

Old 06-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

unless u have the money i dont suggest u just buy a-arms for spare parts just buy nice a-arms and stronge tie rods install them and leave it that way dont buy $700 a arms and spare parts

Old 06-30-2005, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

spark plugs tires oil and rims gas maybe a air filter

Old 06-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 2phast4u
unless u have the money i dont suggest u just buy a-arms for spare parts just buy nice a-arms and stronge tie rods install them and leave it that way dont buy $700 a arms and spare parts
Do you know which aftermarket a-arms and tie rods I should get that are stronger than stock? Are "lonestar" arms any good?

Old 06-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

those a-arms are decent but i believe they are wider then stock

Old 06-30-2005, 02:05 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: warriorboy22
those a-arms are decent but i believe they are wider then stock
Wider is usually better right?

You guys know of any other good aftermarket A-arms and for that matter other aftermarket parts that I may need on my trip to Hatfields ?

Old 06-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

A 2001 Raptor? How about a transmission. Might come in handy. Hey, someone had to say it!

I'd work on the suspension before going into the motor if you are looking at modding. Otherwise I'd just keep an assortment of screws, nuts, bolts and other fasteners as well as consumables. Extra oil. Not sure a filter to take to the track, park, wherever, but maybe at home. Tires, possibly if you'll be in an area known to eat tires. Though you would need something to change them with. Spare lamps if you are riding at night. I've lost a lamp in the dunes on a night ride. Big difference between 35 and 70 watts of light.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Range Rover

How much are rebuilt or new transmissions? That's something that even if I had a spare I'm not sure if I would be able to install it outside of being home....But being that I have a 2001 that I bought some months ago I may need to invest in one.

I have been having starting problems with my Raptor660 I hear the starter motor running so I don't think it's that. It will eventually start but after about 5 to 10 tries...(not a good sign, I know) Any suggestions as to what my problem my be? Could it be insufficient fuel to the carborator?

thanks....

Old 06-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

Man if you buy all thaty **** you'll have nothing left. You can get aftermarket a-arms in stock size on request I believe. Other than that just have nuts,bolts, jublee clips,oil,gas, and bring a few tools. I wouldn't expect the bike to fall apart and need a total rebuild while out riding.

Old 06-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Range Rover

You're probably right although it would be at least 2 days of crucial riding I would endure being far from home. I would never purposely abuse my bike but sometimes the terrain finds a way to abuse you the rider...

Anyone have any suggestions on my starting issue? Or any others....

thanks again...

Quick Reply: Which spare parts to get?