Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Kodiak vs. Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kodiak vs. Eiger

My son has decided to buy an ATV (first time) and he is trying to decide between an Eiger or Kodiak. We have an '05 Eiger he really likes but he has a back problem and, because of the IRS on the Kodiak, thought it might be a smoother ride. He is looking at a Kodiak 450, mainly because of the low range in the automatic (400 doesn't have a low range). My questions are: Does the Kodiak really ride noticeably smoother than the Eiger, do you really miss the low range on the 400 and, in general, which machine do you think is the better over all "bang for the bucks"?

Old 07-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kodiak vs. Eiger

I have ridden both. The IRS is ALOT better on your back. I am almost always in low range and if you ever decide to sell whatever you buy it is alot easier to sell a quad that has low and diff-lock. I think the 450 is worth the extra money, even though there isn't that much difference in CC's.

Old 07-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kodiak vs. Eiger

we have a buddy that rides with us that has the Eiger he bought about 6 months ago,,,,,he had a trail boss prior (older one),and decided to try something differant than Polaris

well i have a Grizzly,and several others have differant Polaris's,and his Eiger seems to be "roll happy" while he trys to keep up with the rest of us,,,,,i never seen him wreck in the 6 years he has been riding with us,like he's wecked on two differant occasions since he bought that Eiger

two nasty ones,the last one,and this is the truth,,he was coming down a hill following ,and being followed,and the front end hopped,then the back end bounced,,,,and the rear of the bike came completely over a samitched him,,,,,they heloed him out on a chopper to Baltimore Shock Trama

they thought he broke his neck,,,,but he ended up just tearing a bunch of stuf in his neck,,,,the leg did get broke,,,,hes selling it,and getting something in Yamaha,or Polaris with 4 wheel independant suspension