Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Would this stop you?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would this stop you?

Originally posted by: fullthrottlez400
You should get one of those hunting cameras and put it on a tree close to where these guys come onto your property that way you know what they look like and if you ever see them riding around somewhere else you know it was them lol
yea video taped them and then sue their mother f&*king behide [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] or put a huge fence that shocks them with out warning signs and then tape that and send it to america most funniest video and then win a prize [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] how's that sound

Old 07-15-2005, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

May I ask a question? What are these guys doing that you want to stop them. Are they poachers ?

Old 07-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could hook an electric fence up to the barbed wire. That should keep the from cutting it

Old 07-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

I would agree that it would be fun to somehow slightly injure them, or mangle their quad or something like that - but reality is, if you hurt them, they could actually sue you. Unfortunately its the crappy world of lawyers we live in. Be careful.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider

just lay down 2x6 boards all around the perimeter or gate and fill them with nails and screws. or open the gate and put the the "spike strips" in the opening under leaves.

Old 07-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

That should work. If not just change your prey to quad riders. kill 2 birds with one stone. Sit on the trail with a 12-pack and a 12 guage. I dont think they will come back twice. I wouldnt. but seriously your original plan sounds pretty solid. somting that would take more than an hour to break through wouldnt be worth it, I would find someone elses yard. Also POST SIGHNS THAT YOUR HUNTING, that alone should make a difference. Another idea would be to post a flyer on the barrels that someone already has been accendetly shot because of trespassers and is the reasion for closing the path. If i saw hunting sighns I would stop. you could also put up some hunter look alike scare crows off in the distance with reflective clothing.lol

Old 07-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

id put up no riding signs...and if the ignorant idiots keep driving on your property simply put nails throughout your trails...thatll keep them out of there

Old 07-16-2005, 12:54 AM
Range Rover

First of all it doesn't matter what his reason is, it's HIS property. If he doesn't want anyone on it, so be it.

Secondly, if someone gets hurt on his property, even though they are tresspassing, he is liable and they can sue him.

Thirdly, it's @SSHOLES like these tresspassers that give our beloved sport of ATV rideing a bad name.

Fourthly (ms?), It's instances such as this that gives all "tree" huggin' organizations fuel to take away public and private land for us to ride on.

Old 07-16-2005, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TexasRaptor
First of all it doesn't matter what his reason is, it's HIS property. If he doesn't want anyone on it, so be it.

Secondly, if someone gets hurt on his property, even though they are tresspassing, he is liable and they can sue him.

Thirdly, it's @SSHOLES like these tresspassers that give our beloved sport of ATV rideing a bad name.

Fourthly (ms?), It's instances such as this that gives all "tree" huggin' organizations fuel to take away public and private land for us to ride on.
Aint that the truth!
You dont want hert anyone.
If they try to "break in" all the time you should catch them in the act and make an example. citizin's arrest.

Old 07-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

How is that giving the tree huggers fuel its just tresspassing not like there destroying the land or anything

Quick Reply: Would this stop you?