Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Would this stop you?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would this stop you?

Kingsclear, to answer you question, we really wouldn't mind a few but this area has been so popular over the years that there could literally be hunderdes of riders in this area during a busy summer week. We also know that we have some of the best hunting area in this county and people use these trails to access our more remote areas to hunt without our permission.

Old 07-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

simply the best way i have ever seen, is large boulders i mean like 2- 3 ton, and jagged, people don't even attempt to cross, just remember if it can be pulled or moved by quad or winches, more then likely they can get around it, also take note where the barricade is actually going, will they be able to just cut a a tree and go around the whole thing? almost impossible to keep an atv from going around stuff unless there is a cliff or some impossible wall to get across

Old 07-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Range Rover

you could just be a but like my neighbors and call the cops every time you hear a 4wheeler start up. next time you see a 4wheeler call the cops so they can get ther pride and joy impounded.
seriously if i see ppl riding on my land i dont get all retarded and put nails out, that just makes it so you cant ride either. i go and ride with them and have a good time. try to be teh nice guy that everyone likes rather than the mean man who ruins everyones day.

Old 07-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Trailblazer

Just put some nails down. That will teach them a lesson. lol

Old 07-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Storj
How is that giving the tree huggers fuel its just tresspassing not like there destroying the land or anything

Tresspassing is breaking the law period! It's giving the sport of ATVing a black eye. It makes ATVer's look like outlaws breaking the law, tresspassing & riding on the streets.

Old 07-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but if you put up barbed wire, it is possible in this day in age that the tresspassers get hurt and then sue you because of it...just my .02

Old 07-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KINGSCLEAR
May I ask a question? What are these guys doing that you want to stop them. Are they poachers ?
its his hunting property,,,he doesnt want all of his game skiddish all year,or moved to a differant local by the constant badgering of tresspassers

although,,when it comes right down to it,,,it really doesnt even matter if you have your property posted with "no tresspassing" signs,,,if they get hurt on your property,,,they can still sue

and if they end up injured by something you designed to keep them out (gettting all torn up by barbed wire),you would lose in a court battle

there was something along the lines of this scenerio that happened here a few years back

someone else posted earlier that its riders like that,that give ATVing a bad rap,,,and its absolutly true

Old 07-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

why on earth would someone be willing to scatter nails throughout their own property? thats non-sense

and a person shouldnt have to barricade their property,and have to look at such eye sores just to protect what is theirs

i have 32 acres,and i ride all the time,and have several trails that run through my property linking to other trails,,,no problem,right?

its no problem until you have had a rough week,and want to sleep in on a saturday,or sunday,and a bunch of people that do not even live in your area are running through your property waking you up at 7:00am like they own the place

everyone i ride with know not to use the trails through my place until around 10:00am,,,this is why when we see out of state tags with trailers parked down by the one lane bridge we "tax" their gas cans in the back of their trucks,,,and we tax their gas cans until they are empty

Old 07-21-2005, 01:13 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

It would definitely stop me, but so would a fence or "No Tresspassing" signs.

Old 07-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Trailblazer

Me and all of my buddies agree that there is too much risk of liability to put out nails or spikes or anything like that. We are trying to stop them with a barrcade that also won't get someone hurt. I was looking at a couple of the local riding club's pages and say that one group had a guy out there trying to get signatures for a petition for the state. They said that in one weekend they had over 1100 sigs from 5 different states. That is how big of a problem this area is. MOST of the riders have been stopping at our signs and barracades but someone took a chainsaw and cut two of them out also. Because of the remote area, cops or CO's are all but out of the question also.

Quick Reply: Would this stop you?