Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My feelings about getting rid of 2 stroke

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My feelings about getting rid of 2 stroke

i think that it is the most dumbest thing i have ever heard, Yea im not dissing 4 strokes but come on there is no way they are going to get rid of them if anything i think there will be alot of people wanting to get them, there are so many banshees and blasters out there. I think there will be a mass production for 2 strokes and if there is money to be made down the road i can almost gurantee someones going to come out with another cleaning burning 2 stroke, We live in in the us for christ sakes and everyone knows that if there is money to be made then somes going to make it, just my thoughts i would like to hear everyone elses \.

Old 07-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My feelings about getting rid of 2 stroke

There are 2-strokes that are as clean, if not cleaner than 4-strokes. They just aren't the simple motors we are all used to. As noted in another thread, BRP (Bombardier, Evenrude, etc.) have clean 2-strokes. I think the qud guys will be hesitant at first with these motors as they are very sophisticated and will probably require a computer to tune. No longer do you pull off a carb, open her up and change the jets. You'll be hooking them up to computers, change mappings and make your runs. Though, it could be a cleaner job. No more spilling gas or even waiting for it to cool down. Plus it in, new map. Run. Plug Check. Ad infinim.

And it's not 2-strokes being banned, outlawed etc. The Feds just said you can put out X pollution. However you want to make the motor, we don't care. Just be CLEAN.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote