Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

About to buy two 06 Kodiak450 camo's...........

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to buy two 06 Kodiak450 camo's...........

Well,I'm almost through negotiations and the dealer has confirmed there on the way....YEEEEEHAAAAAA!!

I have done worn my fingers and eyes out reading all the mid size atv articles.Wow,there is alot of stuff out there!!

Anyways, I'll soon be posting my review of the machines that I've read so much about.

I'm going to miss the V-twin power thats for sure.M/M.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 kodiak 450's damn!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 08-04-2005, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

sweet! good luck on those bad-boys.

Old 08-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Range Rover

Thanks guys,I'm always p...o.... when I scratch my atv's.So I'm giving the camo a try.The wifes going to be fairly plain.I'm getting snow plow and mudlites.The one that I test drove was sure a smooth ride!!

The only thing that I already know that I'm going to mod...Is the fact that there is no quick brake lever lock for stop and go yard work....Like I'm going to shift the gears to "Park"every time....

M/M.

Old 08-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

i got my grizz in camo and its great kuz u kant see any scratches at all. it looks a lot cooler i think in camo than any of the other colors they have. i wonder wat the new 06 camo looks like.... ill be able to check that out in a week wen my dealer gets the new models in.

Old 08-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Range Rover

It's my understanding that everything is the same on 06's vs. 05's.I've only seen pictures,never actually seen a Yamaha with camo.....The kawi's I've seen look great.Kawi has a white style camo for 06,It's pretty cool.

FYI,I've been told that the manufacturers that use "realtree hardwood" camo pay a royalty.WOW!

Only three more weeks to go,I'm going to be NUTZ by then!!!!!

Old 08-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Why did you make the switch? If you don,t mind me asking.

Old 08-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Range Rover

Well UGLY88,

I live in an area that it seems that all the trails are catered to smaller machines.There are a few of us guys that are just getting tired of breaking trails with the big bores.The smaller machine end up waiting for us,while we manover around obstacles.
I also know that because of my riding skill that it's hard to not run WOT!!! Which has never failed me yet .......BUT,alot of guys have been hurt in this area lately.Two guys close to me have both been of work for a combined total of 19 weeks.why ?cuz too much throttle.

I'm not the kid that I used to be and quite frankly, I found myself riding the 04 rancher more for the comfort.....Ya I said honda and comfort it's a tank compared to the new Kodiak,hehehe!!!

I still own the big bore and if I don't like the step down my buddy will buy one of the Kodiaks....It's a win win situation.cheers,m/m

Old 08-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a good spot to be in.

The reason I ask is that I might be in the market for a machine that can pull more and do more "work" then my current Wolverine, however I am used to the speed and handleing of the Wolvy. So I am afraid the Prairie 700 or the Twin peaks is in my future however I like the size of the Wolvy.

Old 08-10-2005, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

MALAHATMAGUIVER you said you want to mod the brake lever with a lock. Well I've found that unless your on a very big hill the kodiak will stop when you let off the throttle and not move untill you give it gas while in gear. Now the only time I need the brake lever lock is when transporting my kodiak in the back of the truck. What i do is use a zip tie around it till I get where I'm going and cut it off. Why they don't put something as simple as a brake lock on I will never know. Someone should sell something to add on simply to do the job without replaceing the whole brake lever. They would make some money I'm sure.

Quick Reply: About to buy two 06 Kodiak450 camo's...........