Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ArenaCross Raptor? any one wanna advise me on setup?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2000 | 03:21 AM
|
Pro Rider

2000 Outlaw Indoor Nationals Arenacross
Nov. 4 & 5 2000
Harper Stadium
Fort Smith Arkansas

Nov4 will be Motorcycles
Nov 5 will include Motorcycle classes, kids, veterans and Open Amateur 2stroke Quads, Open Amateur 4 stroke quads, peewee quads, and Open Pro Quads (100% Payback)

So what do you guys think can I cut it in the 4 stroke open amateur class? Im thinking on doing this, but I am for sure going to run XC races after the new season starts in February (and ill have more money by then).

I have a Stock Raptor but I dont plan to change much for this race help me decide what to add for a LOW BUCK arena cross quad, Im leaving the suspension, A- Arms, and axle ( to see If I can Break the things like you guys can). But Im going to do the sparks advance key, 12T CSsprocket, need nerfs, and Exhaust. I was hoping for a full Curtis Sparks exhaust but I dont think they'll have it by then So Ill probably go with his slip on. anyone gotten a White Power Filter from White Bros. Yet? Do Banshee wheels or do Warrior wheels bolt up to the Raptor? I have a friend with every type of wheel and tire setup made for his banshee and I figure If anything use his 20" turftamers if they would bolt up and some Riken fronts. Another Guy has a wanna be race Warrior with a few sets of wheels and tires but he never rides it much less races it. What do you guys think about DuraBlue Wheel Spacers I had rear ones on by old race bike, with offset front rims to widen it, but Id probably take them off after the race. Ill probably go with DG nerfs($150), Because I thought Graydon wanted $180. Any One have any complaints about the DG Nerfs? should I spend the extra $30 and get the Graydons? So guys let me know what you think, Im not gonna drop over $600 into this(thats all my Surplus is till after christmas) so keep that in mind. But Let me know if you have raced any amateur events like this and what works, and whether the Power in a basically stock or piped engine will be enough with a 12T sprocket? Most I figure will be 400EX's or Warriors but it is Open class.

Old 10-18-2000 | 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

Hey YaMaRaPtoR, I have raced several arena events on quads and 3-wheelers, but my quads were mainly 2-strokes. I have just bought a Raptor and want to set it up for MX. My suggestion would be to put a-arms and an axle, but you said you were trying to hold off on those parts for cost purposes. I don't like to use the wheel spacers because they tend to crack, and add a strain on your axle, which has been found to be a weak link on the Raptor in the first place. I would suggest for you to use your buddies turf tamers, the Banshee wheels will fit a Raptor, and buy an adjustable axle(+2" to+4"). Also, try to find a set of 18" tall turfs. That alone will lower the gearing, but you may still want to try the 12 tooth CS sprocket. I would recommend AC racing pro-pegs for nerfs if they are available for the Raptor. The Riken fronts will definately help, and you might want to consider a set of offfset front wheels to give you a little more width up front w/o having to buy a-arms. Hope you can find a happy median with all options available. Tell me what you come up with. Later!

Old 10-18-2000 | 03:24 PM
Range Rover

A-arms with caster adjustments, new front tires, +2-3 rear axle, new rear tires, exhaust.

If not have fun coming in last place.

Old 10-19-2000 | 09:47 PM
|
Pro Rider

Thanx guys, Im verifying my funding and then will proceed.

Old 10-19-2000 | 11:35 PM
Trailblazer

Yamaharaptor, Dg nerfs and AC's are junk compared to Graydons. Got the first ones for the Raptor. I thought the same thing 180 dollars get real. But DG and AC wont have theirs availiable until Christmas. Well as soon as I got them I new why they cost what they do. These nerfs are 100 times stonger then my DG's and fit perfectly unlike my old AC's. These nerfs you have to do some drilling but what you end up with is a perfect fit. Go with the Graydons you'll thank me for it. Also got the Dura Blue EliminatorAxle 2+2. This Axle is a perfect match for the Raptor with the Graydons. later Raptor420

Old 10-19-2000 | 11:40 PM
Trailblazer

How much are the Dura Blue axles and are they lifetime warranty?, and what colors do they offer for the nerfs?

Old 10-20-2000 | 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

I agree about the Graydon nerf bars. I've had them on several Quadracers and they are nearly indestructible. The drilling can be a pain but it doesn't take long. Never owned AC's but I always thought they looked good. I would never buy anything from DG. Junk, junk, junk.

Old 10-20-2000 | 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

Hey atvdunepro I have one question.How the hell did your picture up there.That some kewl stuff

Old 10-20-2000 | 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

Durablue Eliminator axles generally cost around $300 and are lifetime warranty - once. Bend or break it again, and it's your dime. There have been numerous cases of their Honda axles breaking under conditions that stock axles survive with ease.

Old 10-21-2000 | 01:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

do you have any more info on these races fax me a flyer DONELSON CYCLES ST LOUIS MO 314-849-2462 THANKS

Quick Reply: ArenaCross Raptor? any one wanna advise me on setup?