Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

250r VS 660r VS yfz 450

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250r VS 660r VS yfz 450

Man, it is just these kids that have not reached puberty yet and they are always challenging other more intelligent peoples knowledge, all because they favour that specific atv.But you ave to just face it sometimes, but i mean, this comparison just isnt something to fight over.The 250r gets eaten away in the strait by a z400 and up.
The 2 strokes can be bad *** when beefed up but the 250r will still die against those big bore 4 strokes whein it comes to mod for mod, and sometimes you dont even need mod for mod.The banshee is just another story though, and im not gonna get into that, because everyone knows how badass it can be when it takes its vitamins.So i pretty much call this thread closed on behalf of the problem being solved.The public is still aloud yo browse through this thread and post any opinion about the three bikes, but, just a heads up, no one that knows a thing or two cares cuz we know the answer to this problem.Thank you for your time and uhhhh, ill probably be back to look at the unresearched posts that will be here later on.

Old 08-20-2005, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

well ok i was just wondering iv never seen these bikes race in anything at all and i knew the 250r dominates the track (or used to) and the 660r is really fast and that the yfz is also great on a track and its fast so thats all i guess. THANKS

Old 08-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Range Rover

A big 4-stroke isn't enough to make up for being a heavy pig on the MX track, where the 250R shines. And that motor has more than proven it can make over 50 HP and stay reliable. The advantage of big cubes is tough to beat for top speed with the right gearing, but the Raptor is still a pig. I would much rather have the lightweight 250R, maybe with a 300+cc kit. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Or a lighter 450R/YFZ450 if I was going the 4-stroke route.

Old 08-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

these guys just fight over stupid thigs i dont know why any jackass would pick a raptor over a 250r. the 250 is 16 years old and still sells used for 3500$$. and i dont no wear these guys got the idea that a raptor can beat a banshee in a drag. he must have been smoking the dope while watching a race. the only thing a raptor is good for is towing other bikes. 4 pokes just dont have the techno yet it still takes over 2x the cc to even keep up. any ways the 250r is like the best quad ever made i would get one but dont have the cash.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cronos101
these guys just fight over stupid thigs i dont know why any jackass would pick a raptor over a 250r. the 250 is 16 years old and still sells used for 3500$$. and i dont no wear these guys got the idea that a raptor can beat a banshee in a drag. he must have been smoking the dope while watching a race. the only thing a raptor is good for is towing other bikes. 4 pokes just dont have the techno yet it still takes over 2x the cc to even keep up. any ways the 250r is like the best quad ever made i would get one but dont have the cash.
Hey why dont you come back in here when you grow some Pubic hair you little Sh*t.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Modded or not what would it take for the 250r bo beat the yfz in everything??? also same question for the 660r just wondering not trying to start anything!!

THANKS
a better rider.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

i dont no wear these guys got the idea that a raptor can beat a banshee in a drag? ok let me answer stock for stock the raptor is quicker by a little bit. I have beat many stock banshees with my raptor,and lost to many modded banshees. A banshee is only faster when you mod it beacuse of the 2-stroke higher reving engine. The only thing a raptor is good for is towing other bikes? wow, the Raptor is the best trail quad on the market, unless you like the predator. It is not an mxer, its a trail quad. 4 pokes just dont have the techno yet it still takes over 2x?ummmmmmmm haha no! A yfz will kill a 250R in a drag,and the technology on the yfz is way more advanced than the old 250R. . any ways the 250r is like the best quad ever made i would get one but dont have the cash. Best quad for which type of riding????????

Old 08-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you know, I wish moderators would snuff out these stupid threads. The only absolute on this thread is that a Raptor is not designed for MX and wouldn't fare well, on average, with the R or a YFZ on a track because of it's handling characteristics. But that is SOOOOO obvious. Anyone who needs to ask should be embarrassed.

For as long as I've been visiting this site, I've always rolled my eyes at such simplistic questions and debates like this the one that started this thread. "Which is faster??, which is faster???", ", "who'll win in a drag??".....if it was that simple and black and white, people wouldn't drag race...for whatever fun that's even worth.

How silly are these questions?? well, which MX BIKE is faster/better at MX? I'll tell you: whichever bike RICKY C IS ON!
Which quad is faster?? who really knows! Look at the GNC results! It's the rider. Put me Natalie's Quad and put Natalie on a stock 400EX and he'll beat me on a track. Put Natalie on a Raptor, DS650 or Predator and he'll still beat me.

I'm a better quad rider than my cousin who rides a Z400, no matter what we do, no matter who's riding what, I WIN! I just win by more if I'm on my T4 or my R. Unless I'm on a totally outclassed quad, I'm faster.

As far as drags are concerned, who cares!!!! Across the USA, I think almost every quad had lost to/beaten every quad at one time or another. Rider and Terrain matter so much. Put'em on pavement and the R will fare much better because the pavement will stop its wheel spin.

Why not tell us what YOU can do?!?!?!

Old 08-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

The only thing a raptor is good for is towing other bikes? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] sorry but when some 14 year old with a blaster comes on here and talks crap about the Raptor..........you know what is going to happen. I think the orginal topic was good i mean come on the guy is just looking to buy a quad to race with and wants some feed back. So i responded by telling about my past experiences.......... nothing wrong with that man

Old 08-24-2005, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

LOL! What did i tell you 660shee350?LOL, unresearched posts, and that is what the kids are doin.UNRESEARCHED.The only thread that is actually well thought out is the one by 2strokes4ever.He sounds like he knows a lot about these things and that gives him more than enuff of a right to post on here.The kid who just started who was talkin bout raptor towin other bikes, he was a hard headed noob.I told you guys i would be back for unresearched posts and i did not lie.He he he...Me and 660shee350 are also just laying down our experiences in front of the creator and letting him choose the bike he wants.So dont come on here and start favouring a bike you like when you have no idea how it performs.

Quick Reply: 250r VS 660r VS yfz 450