Old 08-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 08-27-2005, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default Honda civic vs Yamaha Banshee video

Originally posted by: YFZ660R
As I could see there's alot of rice haters. A ricer car to me is one with body kit on it and chrome wheels. There's this new generation now, called JDM. And this is by far more respectable. Four bangers taking on mustangs! I have a 2.3 DOHC Prelude that isn't the fastest car out there, but I sure can take out V-6 Mustangs. Have a little more respect for the imports, I have a friend with a bone stock 98' Mustang GT, that got beat by a Honda Civic SI that a GIRL was driving. I **** on him everytime he talks crap about my Prelude. So not everybody that owns a 4-banger is a ricer, some actually should earn credit. Besides, who wants a big block car with these gas prices!

PS. I too don't like ricers!
Ever run into a Mustang SVO? Those are 4 bangers and I have seen a few running 10s.

Old 08-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Demon-love those videos!!!! hahahahahahahaha

Old 08-28-2005, 03:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

the fulers are 500ci dodge motors.... there not out of a production car but there still dodge
What part of a fueler motor is Dodge?
I'm still waiting for you to tell me who turned a 4.3 in a fueler?

Old 08-28-2005, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

http://digivex.com/jetski/boat/nhra2004/tidbits.htm

here ya go. tells ya the motor and
i beleave since then someone has done a 4.3. if not the fastest is a 4.4 somethin..... i dont see any imports that fast, or even within a second..... even befor the 60s there were 10 sec cars.... japan is about 30 years behind....

Old 08-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

and the blowers take 800 hp to turn

Old 08-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

http://www.answers.com/topic/top-fuel

heres another one that goes into a lil more detail....

Old 08-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

A nitro burning V-8 expends 400 of it's 7000 hp just to drive the supercharger. The equivalent of a Corvette Z06 engine just to spin the blower.
-At "the hit", with the car's clutch at maximum slippage, 4500 of those horses will be dissipated as heat alone.
-It takes 30 hp just to spin each fuel pump, with each pump flowing as much as 1.2 gallons per second at 530 psi.
-For every 15 seconds a funny car idles, the fuel load dwindles by a gallon at the nose. Idle too long and you'll throw weight shift out of whack.
-One brief burnout, followed by a 4.73 sec pass, will consume 15 gallons of nitro, at $15.75 per. But the average pass costs $2000 a second.
-At launch, the car pulls 5.0g of acceleration, holds 4.0g for 2.5 to 3.0 sec, then pulls 4.0 negative g when the chutes blast open. This caused racer Joe Amato to retire from racing when he couldn't keep his retinas attached.
-From rest, the car achieves 100 mph in 1.2 sec, and does so in just 100 ft, or four times it's own length. At half track, or 660 ft, the car hits 260 mph

on December 10, 1954, Stapp strapped himself into a rocket sled and was accelerated to 632 mph. At this point he was decelerated in 1.2 seconds! This acceleration was in excess of 40 Gs! His body weight was momentarily about 6800 lbs. Wind blast and deceleration were equivalent to a high-altitude ejection at supersonic speed.

Here is an account of what he experienced:
Col. Stapp reported: "It felt as though my eyes were being pulled out of my head . . .I lifted my eyelids with my fingers, but I couldn't see a thing . . ..They put me on a stretcher, and in a minute or two I saw some blue specks . . . In about eight minutes . . . I saw one of the surgeons wiggle his fingers at me, and I was able to count them. Then I knew my retinas had not been detached, and that I wasn't going to be blind."

one of my favorite facts not listed there is there simply aren't fuel injectors large enough to move that kind of fuel without going to 4+ injectors per cylinder....as such, they stick with carbs.
John force runs 5 percylinder, 2 inside the valve cover. They are mechanical though as electronic engine controlls are not permitted.

* Dragsters twist the crank (torsionally) so far (20
degrees in the big end of the crank) that sometimes
cam lobes are ground offset from front to rear to re-
phase the valve timing somewhere closer to syn-
chronization with the pistons.

The two-time Top Fuel champion finished his run in 4.446 seconds. He can certify the performance as an NHRA national record by clocking a speed of at least 334.21 mph on any run during the remainder of the weekend.
i think there is faster since then....

Old 08-28-2005, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

well, here is a chalange for everyone. you get $800.00 to buy a car, any car. you get $1000.00 to build the car to run drag strips. this is total cost, to include tires, exhaust, and anything else you can think of to make it as safe as possible, and as fast as possible. odviously no nos is used, and you cant talk of parts bought off of a friend, or at swap shops. this is retail parts, on an $800.00 car.
what car would you choose?
what mods would you do?
there is no engine swaps, couse there is no engines for less that $1,000.00 complete from retail. these are 100,000 mile engines.

by the numbers, who could build the faster car? will the ricers win? with a honda? will the v 8 guys win with an early 80,s mustang? can dodge pull it off with a 1986 glhs omni? seen one for 800 or best offer the other day.

i am willing to bet american mustly wins hands down, but i could be wrong.

by the way, dodge is AMERICAN, not german. i dont care who owns 51% of a company. my father, sister, brother in law, and friends work in this country, for dodge. not in germany for benz. i can name 4 plants within 10 miles of me, and another dozen within 50 miles of me. this is no german company, lol. now, benz does have influnces on dodge, as shown with the crossfire, and so on. for the rest of them, designed in the usa, built in the usa( and mexico and canada, lol) benz is nothing more than a leach on dodge, sucking there profit to fund overpriced cars and claiming they make profits, while dodge looses them, through fancy paperwork, and grouping the funds.
just my 02

Old 08-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

dodge germin? dodge was started by the dodge brothers back in the early 1900s.... in AMERICA. and just so nobody says like o well vw has a v12 and america doesnt have them in production cars...... catti had a v-16 and v-12 in 1930..... where was honda then..... haha

Quick Reply: Honda civic vs Yamaha banshee