Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

i think im going to sell im so angry and my warrior has been nothing but trouble and money.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i think im going to sell im so angry and my warrior has been nothing but trouble and money.

as you all know i bought a 97 warroir some time ago and it ran fine and then it just quite working. i did some tests and found out the coil was bad. i put it on and the bike still didnt work. i then found out it was the stator, so i broke in and spent 500 bucks to have a atv mechanic i know at the tractor dealership put it in so i knew it was done right. then it ran great for a while. then i noticed the clunk clunk clunk sound when i started was getting louder. so i asked a guy in service at the dealer and he said right away a starter clutch. i didnt have the money to buy a new starter clutch so i bought a used one the guy said made no noise but it looks just like the one on mine. then i pulled the oil filter and found a very small amount of metel flecks, this has me worried. i dont know what to do im almost scared. i dont want to spend a bunch of money to sort out this starting noise thing when there might be something else in the engine thats making metal flakes but i know if i sell it. i might just buy another lemon. i dont think i wouldbe able to get much our of it . i might just have to end up selling it and buying a dirt bike O how horrible the thought.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default i think im going to sell im so angry and my warrior has been nothing but trouble and money.

anyone have any sugestions

Old 10-14-2005, 05:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

the starter clutch has a needle bearing, it's just a little steel rod, when it wears out it makes that clunking sound on start up and once when you kill it, thats most likely what the metal flecks are too, little pieces falling off,

but don't worry, my warrior is a 1990 and it's been doing it for 8 years at least with no problems