Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 700R "First Test Result"

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 700R "First Test Result"

Originally posted by: 06Rap700R
Before i bought my 700R i looked for Test Results on it, and couldn't find anything. You guys can reply to this thread as freely as you want, this is my honest opinion, and nothing MORE.. From the ground up the New 06 is awesome. It is lower than the older 660 which handles alot better and not as tipsy on the top, it doesn't raise up unwantedly as the 660 did, but if you know how to ride you can make this machine aim towards the stars in 4th gear. In a drag race it is an awesome machine. Yamaha "Claims" that the new Raptor 700R is the fastest "stock" ATV on the market today.... I will admit that fact also, once i got it broke in i called a few friends and wanted to find out if this is actually true.... I raced 3 of the fastest ATVs out there today, in stock trim, and not stock trim.. First is the one that most everybody wants to know about.. 700R vs Banshee.. from the line at take off the 700R ate the Shee alive, sorry 2-stroke and banshee fans but in stoke trim the shee doesn't stand a chance... Its farely close at the finish line at 300ft drag, on hard packed dirt, the 700R had about a 6 quad length lead... 2nd race is a Kawi KFX700. NO COMP, the 700R has a faster take off and pulls harder than any ATV i ever ridin.. And last was a Pred 500 with LTE pipe, same thing, ate it alive... Alot of people want the top speed of the 700R, on a 1/4th mile straight away slight up hill, next to my wifes Nissan. Top speed is 80mph on the dot. So this is my opinion, if you need any info on making a purchase desicion i will give you my opinion on it, you have to make your own chose..

It sounds to me like your 700R must run exceptionally well.
I am very happy with mine as well but I have found that with the Power Commander III USB, air box lid removed and the stock baffle replace with a Phoenix systems insert that it really wakes it up and makes them run like their supposed to.
I spent last weekend sand dragging some damn nice quads. A highly modded 660R and a TRX 450 R also highly modded. A super nice Predator with an unknown amont of mods and Lte dual exhaust. The raptor never beat me but he didn't have paddles. The honda and the Predator I traded wins with. It seemed who ever could set the front wheels down first won the race. In all out top end the Predator had us all by a little but in the approx 300' drag I won more than I lost. I could flat spank a bone stock 700R we never lined em up but he rode mine and could really feel the difference so my few little mods and my optimized fuel curve make all the difference in the world. The Predator you raced must not have been a good example of a fast Predator because in my experiance they have killer top end speed. My 700 with what little mods I have on a radar gun (by a sherriff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]) on pavment on the back road by my place was 76 MPH with stock gearing. I was doing some tuning on the fuel map [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Glad to hear you getting such good performance out of yours bone stock. Wait till you do some mods[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I do think your wifes speedo was off a little though as the 700R in bone stock form tops out at 75 MPH on a good day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Which ain't nothing to sneeze at[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Good luck with your 700R I sure am enjoying mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

LoL Hap you must have been typin while I was. I guess I got a little to wordy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

You guys have talked about beating all other sport quads except a modded YFZ (pipe, filter, cam mod). Anyone have any results? I've raced a couple stock 700's and beaten them pretty easily on hillshoots and in top speed with my YFZ, but never raced a modded one. How does your guys modded 700 hold up against modded YFZ's?

Old 09-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

I haven't had the opportunity to race a modded YFZ450 on a flat drag or up the hill yet. My guess would be I would have my work cut out for me though. Don't know if I could even trade wins wiith one.
I did beat a stocker with a slip on at sand lake up the hill at the bowl a couple of weeks ago by about 3 quad lengths but he was an awful big fella. My fuel map wasn't as dialed in as it is now. He could ride the chit out of it but was at a weight disadvantage.

A fellow PSAR member has one I don't know the extent of his mods but he's got a hot rod 660R that he refers to as his entry level quad that runs hard. We will be riding together at Florence Or. dunes next month so I know we will be racing them up comp hill at some point while were there.
Might get my *** handed to me, might hold my own, that remains to be seen [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

Sweet, I'm actually planning on meeting the PSAR guys this next month down at florence. I'm gonna have my 686 Craycraft Racing Rappy, YFZ 450, and my g/f's 700R. Happarap seemed interested in seeing how my Rappy runs so I decided to bring it down and show people. Sounds like were gonna have some good races! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27 LoL Hap you must have been typin while I was. I guess I got a little to wordy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Are you a one finger pecker? hehehe

Old 09-10-2005, 10:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally posted by: RoostItUp Sweet, I'm actually planning on meeting the PSAR guys this next month down at florence. I'm gonna have my 686 Craycraft Racing Rappy, YFZ 450, and my g/f's 700R. Happarap seemed interested in seeing how my Rappy runs so I decided to bring it down and show people. Sounds like were gonna have some good races! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I'll bring my rubber check book with me while I'm checking out your Craycraft hehehe.

RaptorRandy27 of PSAR is actually the guy racing the Preddy with the LTE's I mentioned in the above post, both of those quads will be at Florence along with modded YFZ's, TRX's and if you really want a beating, Sandbomber will be there with his stable of killer machines [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HappaRap
Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27 LoL Hap you must have been typin while I was. I guess I got a little to wordy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Well Julie says you got the pecker part right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I must be gettin on her nerves today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RoostItUp
Sweet, I'm actually planning on meeting the PSAR guys this next month down at florence. I'm gonna have my 686 Craycraft Racing Rappy, YFZ 450, and my g/f's 700R. Happarap seemed interested in seeing how my Rappy runs so I decided to bring it down and show people. Sounds like were gonna have some good races! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I'll bet that Craycraft Raptor hauls the mail I'd be interested in checking that out as well . I don't think my basicly stock 700R will have anything for it. Look forward to meeting you at florence.
Take it easy,

Randy

Old 09-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
Originally posted by: HappaRap
Well Julie says you got the pecker part right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I must be gettin on her nerves today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Those are mighty kind words compared to what Val was referring to me as today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Raptor 700R "First Test Result"