Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 700R "First Test Result"

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 700R "First Test Result"

Is this 700 of yours stock? If so, your results seem a bit off. Also, this engine doesn't even come close to feeling like a 2 stroke, it's prolly the furthest from it. Raptors make all their power in the midrange and they have a VERY broad powerband completly opposite of a 2 stroke...it's a torque monster!

I have to agree 100%

When we meet up at Florence I want to run up the hill against that Craycraft, just to say I've raced one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
Is this 700 of yours stock? If so, your results seem a bit off. Also, this engine doesn't even come close to feeling like a 2 stroke, it's prolly the furthest from it. Raptors make all their power in the midrange and they have a VERY broad powerband completly opposite of a 2 stroke...it's a torque monster!
I have to agree 100%
When we meet up at Florence I want to run up the hill against that Craycraft, just to say I've raced one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I want to see your 700R race up against a modded YFZ, BigDaddy and Maggiesboy come in at about 565 lbs, I wonder if RoostItUp is gonna come in alittle lighter?

Old 09-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Range Rover

That 686 is trading wins with the yfz? wow I would not have thought a 55 - 60 hp raptor would trade wins with that yfz hell I beat the stock yfz despite a 110 pound weight disadvantage. Well you almost have me thinking twice about building my motor ALMOST!!!!

Old 09-11-2005, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

I want to see your 700R race up against a modded YFZ, BigDaddy and Maggiesboy come in at about 565 lbs, I wonder if RoostItUp is gonna come in alittle lighter?

I hope he don't come in much lighter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'm no light weight myself In fact I'm going to have to go on a serious diet between now and the trip to Florence. I just checked my weight and I'm up to 210[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

Originally posted by: HappaRap
BigDaddy and Maggiesboy come in at about 565 lbs
I wonder if RoostItUp is gonna come in alittle lighter?
And here i thought U was my friend NOW ur callin me and Maggiesboy FAT BA$TARDS.......Now we know how U are!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27

I hope he don't come in much lighter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'm no light weight myself In fact I'm going to have to go on a serious diet between now and the trip to Florence. I just checked my weight and I'm up to 210[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
H@ll Just have another HAMBURGER, I'm BUYING!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am not getting in a pissing race with anyone in this forum.. I only shared my thoughts and opinions, and a very respected friend of mine was on the Shee.. I am not downing anybody, but he has owned his shee for 3 years and even said the same thing.. Once you get on the new 700 and get off and get on a 2-stroke, the new fuel injection gives it a pull from bottom to top of the powerband and fells like a 2-strokes powerband.. Argue with that if you want. Until you ride 1 don't diss what you don't know.. And its not heavy at all, yeah a YFZ weighs 350lbs, and a new Rap is 395lbs, so not to bad, and it only has about 45.4 HP. It is a torque monster but torque=power and power=pull and pull will rip your arms off out of the hole(Acceleration).. My quad is fully stock, b/c no aftermarket parts come out until the fall... Even GYT-R, parts. You have to pre-order them. Like i said read what you will in a ATV magazine or even a ATV forum. But until you actually throw your leg over 1 and open it up fully, after break-in, don't talk smack. Alot of people think they are god on a atv when it comes to a race.. Until you line up next to 1 and see what happens don't jibba jabba about nonsense.. if you think your quad is the baddiest, find a straight away find some body who has a 700 or anything that you say you can beat but never raced, line up and go. If you win, good, if not don't complain.. These were only my opinions on the new 700R, whats 1 mans opinions, if you think these helped you go put your leg over 1 and then over the others, see what you like best. Thats all im saying, i never found any info on a 700R before i made my chose. So i wanted to share "MY" feelings.....

Anthony Fincher

Proud owner of "Yamahas" quote on quote bad boy.. Yamaha made a commercial saying that it is the fastest quad that is on the market today, " in stock trim" and they are the producers of the YFZ and the SHEE!!!!

Old 09-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Air
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 06Rap700R
I am not getting in a pissing race with anyone in this forum.. I only shared my thoughts and opinions, and a very respected friend of mine was on the Shee.. I am not downing anybody, but he has owned his shee for 3 years and even said the same thing.. Once you get on the new 700 and get off and get on a 2-stroke, the new fuel injection gives it a pull from bottom to top of the powerband and fells like a 2-strokes powerband.. Argue with that if you want. Until you ride 1 don't diss what you don't know.. And its not heavy at all, yeah a YFZ weighs 350lbs, and a new Rap is 395lbs, so not to bad, and it only has about 45.4 HP. It is a torque monster but torque=power and power=pull and pull will rip your arms off out of the hole(Acceleration).. My quad is fully stock, b/c no aftermarket parts come out until the fall... Even GYT-R, parts. You have to pre-order them. Like i said read what you will in a ATV magazine or even a ATV forum. But until you actually throw your leg over 1 and open it up fully, after break-in, don't talk smack. Alot of people think they are god on a atv when it comes to a race.. Until you line up next to 1 and see what happens don't jibba jabba about nonsense.. if you think your quad is the baddiest, find a straight away find some body who has a 700 or anything that you say you can beat but never raced, line up and go. If you win, good, if not don't complain.. These were only my opinions on the new 700R, whats 1 mans opinions, if you think these helped you go put your leg over 1 and then over the others, see what you like best. Thats all im saying, i never found any info on a 700R before i made my chose. So i wanted to share "MY" feelings.....Anthony FincherProud owner of "Yamahas" quote on quote bad boy.. Yamaha made a commercial saying that it is the fastest quad that is on the market today, " in stock trim" and they are the producers of the YFZ and the SHEE!!!!
I agree the 700 is a little sluggish off the line stock, but hits a point in its power that almost has a 2-strokish type hit.Put on a pipe and a TFI or a power commander and it pulls like crazy from the bottom up.
Before I am bashed for saying that, I came off a DS650 With a mr HP 730 kit that pulled from the bottom like no other machine, but it signed off too early top end. Not enough cam.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally posted by: Bigdaddy660R
And here i thought U was my friend NOW ur callin me and Maggiesboy FAT BA$TARDS.......Now we know how U are!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Well, MB says he's 300 and I think I know how much you weight, muscle mass weighs more than fat. I actually don't think MB's at 300, but he did mention that weight not too long ago, ok, so you're a measly 250, I retract my figure of 565, now we're down to 550, are you happy now? hehehe J/K [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2005, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bigdaddy660R
Well, MB says he's 300 and I think I know how much you weight, muscle mass weighs more than fat. I actually don't think MB's at 300, but he did mention that weight not too long ago, ok, so you're a measly 250, I retract my figure of 565, now we're down to 550, are you happy now? hehehe J/K [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
OK if I weight 210 and my quad weighs 400 with gas in it that puts me at 610 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I think I'm the one at a weight disadvantage for this race. Looks like I'm living on slim fast till florence[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Raptor 700R "First Test Result"