Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor versus ds650

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor versus ds650

Wow, you are quite the challenged one arent you child?About raptor drag bikes, you must have adhd or somthing because that is all people are talking about these days with drag bikes are those craycraft drag raptors you retard.And the raptor pulls much harder in bottom and midrange power than the ds.The ds just has top end over the raptor.the raptor is just more fun than the ds again because of its weight.Go get yourself a quad dude.

Old 09-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Air
Pro Rider

I have a unique point of view. I sold my ds to buy a 700R.
If you are buying used buy a DS.
If you are buying new Buy a 700R

The 660 had poor suspension, bad handling, questionable seat.
But was reliable.
The DS is just plain bullet proof.

Old 09-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fasterthanyou22
Wow, you are quite the challenged one arent you child?About raptor drag bikes, you must have adhd or somthing because that is all people are talking about these days with drag bikes are those craycraft drag raptors you retard.And the raptor pulls much harder in bottom and midrange power than the ds.The ds just has top end over the raptor.the raptor is just more fun than the ds again because of its weight.Go get yourself a quad dude.
Actually @ss hole I've owned a ds650. It has no bottom end, ferousios mid range and NO TOP END POWER, it quits making power at 6500 rpm. Congradulations on the raptor drag bikes, I've never seen one {I've never seen a raptor drag bike, I must be a child}. Yes a raptor pulls harder on bottom {LIKE I SAID, DICK HE@D}. No, a 660 does not have the mid power of a ds650. Have you ever ridden a ds 650, or are you going on speculation? I said a raptor is more nimble than ds 650. Pull your head out your @ss, and actually read what someone has written you FU#KIN non reading B@STARD.

Old 09-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

I am pretty sure he is asking about the 660 bud....

1.I have heard the the raptor is more realiable than the ds in many cases.
I hpoe you're not serious. I don't remember ds tranny, and connecting rod failures, like on 660r.

Old 09-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

2.The raptor responds a hell of a alot better to mods than a ds.The reason for this is that a ds is race ready out of the box, the raptor on the other hand is not.If the raptor was made race ready, it would have been the fastest stock four stroke on the market.But yamaha just cant put extra effort in like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Bull ****. The ds loves pipes, larger carb, k+n air filter, and jetting changes. Just like every other bike.

Old 09-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

I am pretty sure he is asking about the 660 bud....

3.The raptor is supposed to have a race bred suspension but i truly think the ds would have the better plush suspension over the 660.
RACE BRED SUSPENSION. Yeah right.

Old 09-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

4..The ds has a rev limiter than kicks in way to quick for it to show its true force.
Bull ****, anyone that knows anything about the ds knows it quits making power around 6500 rpm, and that the stock rev limit on 03 and newer ds { 7700 rpm} is more than enough. F^ckin moron. I see why people leave this site. Everyone has to defend their machine to the bitter end, truth be dammed. Whats next, raptor is better for mx than a yfz, because you own one?

Old 09-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

From what I gather from searches, the ds is faster, more stable, and more comfy, not to mention about the best stock suspension.Anyone had both that can attest to this?Is the ds exciting to ride, or does it have a flat powerband?I know from experience that the raptor is pretty thrilling,maybe a little of that comes from the squirliness at hard acceleration.How is the powerband of the ds?Low?Mid?Hi?I'm looking for a good hard midrange punch and a long top end pull.

Old 09-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Air
Pro Rider

I have owned a DS when piped and carbed and a cdi it runs strong.
I wouldnt trade a ds for any stock piped 660.

Old 09-18-2005, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

another ds vs rappy thread....just like always nobody agrees. For reliability the ds is by far ahead of the 660 raptor, comfort the ds by far its like sitting on a huge soft floating something lol and yea the ds is faster than a raptor stock vs stock. Both have there advantages and both have there disadvantages.

Quick Reply: Raptor versus ds650