Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Broken A-arms? ! Doh!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2000, 02:10 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I remember in late September the Raptors were getting alot of flak because of a couple of reports of broken a-arms. We never acutally saw any proof so it still just remains speculation.

BE WARNED, 400EXs have an A-Arm problem! Here is proof from our last outing to Glamis. See the proof for yourselves!

Click Here to See!!

Old 10-24-2000, 04:12 AM
Range Rover

bad luck on that one , how did it happen?
who is that ugly guy in the pic?

paul

Old 10-24-2000, 11:50 AM
Range Rover

Dont know how it happened, the ugly guy in the pic is my cousing that crashed the our Honda while riding for his first time. He rode out of view from our camp site and after 5 mitnutes I left to go finf him. When I found him his face had sand all over it. He still says he didnt crash, even though you can see proof from a broken A-arm.

The bike didnt sustain any damage anywhere else and I can tell it didnt roll either, so it is a mystery.

Old 10-24-2000, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

It looks to be broke exactly like mine did, on my Raptor. Mine might have been bent in even more. Yamaha requested it be sent in, or I could still take a picture of it (I wish that I would have!)
I didn't crash either, that is until the steering went haywire due to the bent arm.

Old 10-24-2000, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer

Nice post! Make sure you put that in the Honda forum. I am sick and tired of the Red Riders bashing the Raptor and other Yamaha machines. The fact is honda lives off their reputation of building the first ATV's and their 250r which is a great bike. But since the late 80's what have they done! The 400ex and Rubicon. Yamaha has never abandoned the 2 stroke market, introduced the Grizzly long before the rubicon, came out with 4stroke dirtbikes which Honda is now beginning to develop, invented jet skis years ago and still offers the best line of watercrafts which now Honda is coming out with their own watercrafts. Also Yamaha makes kick a$$ snowmobiles. Maybe Honda will TRY to introduce these also. Not to mention Yamaha has been making marine engines since the 60's and Honda finally introduced their marine engines only a couple of years ago. You have to be an idiot not to see that Yamaha has excelled in research and development where honda just stuck with the same tried and true simple machines that bore us. Honda has been following in Yamahas footsteps for a long time now. Maybe the Raptor will finally make Honda get off their a$$e$ and start making some real high performance machines. The problem is all their R & D money is tied up in producing a new line of 4 stroke dirtbikes and watercraft. So don't expect to see a new high performance quad for atleast two years. You might want to buy their state of the art 250ex automatic I heard it smokes the Raptor. Ha Ha Ha!

Old 10-25-2000, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

Boo hoo hoo! The Honda guy's are bashing our Raptor and it is making me mad. Get a life. Ride what you got.

Old 10-25-2000, 11:48 AM
Range Rover

I do have a life, and I ride what I have; 89 Trx250r, 2000 400Ex, 2001 Raptor.

I just thought it was silly for everyone to start giving the Raptor a bad rap because someone made the claim without any proof that they broke an A-arm.

Old 10-25-2000, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

Amen, ATVdunePro the proof is in your picture. that ought to shut them up about it.

Old 10-25-2000, 02:43 PM
Trailblazer

broken a-arms well i also havent seen any pictures and you know what i just rode my raptor for the first time and hey the a-arms didnt break matter infact i didnt have anything break so call me lucky but then again i know quite a few people who have raptors and well they havent had any problems either so i guess you should call them lucky too and well there are quite a few people on this board who havent broke any thing so i guess you can call them lucky or just say the people who broke the a-arms are a minority