Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Flipped front wheels instead of using spacers

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flipped front wheels instead of using spacers

Thanks for all of the input. I grinded the calipers off and flipped the wheels. It went fom the stock 43.3 inches to 48 inches wide. The difference in the handling is amazing. I don't have the rear spacers yet so the back end kicks out in sharp cornering...but thats the fun part. Makes doughnuts really easy too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'd recommend it any day. My Raptor is no longer top heavy.

Old 10-04-2005, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

i tried flipping mine for a while and hated it. it made the front end hard to turn and put to much pressure on the shocks. it lasted for about a day and i put them back. i recommend you leave them in the stock position untill you cab afford aftermarket ones.

Old 10-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think I'll leave it for now...I'm kinda getting used to the better handling. If something tears up...I'll then have an excuse to get something bigger and better.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
ccgrady, I LOVE the graphics on your Raptor. I wanted them but my wife and I have different views on things like that. She can't see why I want to "mess up" a perfectly good machine.

Old 10-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: recon99
personally, I would do both at the same time. From my experiences when the front and rear are different widths the cornering is a little on the unstable side. If you were to do only one, I think the best would be to do the front first because I think that has a bigger impact on the cornering and stability, and you wouldn't have to worry about clipping trees with the rear tires because they stick out more.

He's right, before i got my axel on my Raptor with my aarms it got a little scary in turns, but my front end is 53 inchs also

Old 10-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Range Rover

I recomend getting some stronger tie rods. I had my front flipped untill my tie rod bent in half one day.