Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Acetone to raise gas milliage in car

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acetone to raise gas milliage in car

I recently heard that putting acetone in your tank...about an ounce to 3 at the most per ten gallons can raise your gas milliage %15- %35 and sometimes more. He told me that he has been doing it for years. So I have been researching it on the internet and I found a few sites. Here is one. Do any of you do this or have you tried it. If this does really work why dont more and more know about it?
Acetone in Gasoline

Old 10-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

very interesting

Old 10-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

No...but there are a bunch of people running used vegi oil to run thier diesels...smells like fries...no joke
I wonder if it burns clean

Old 10-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

I recently heard that putting acetone in your tank...about an ounce to 3 at the most per ten gallons can raise your gas milliage %15- %35 and sometimes more.
Ain't going to happen, no way, no how, no where. I used to run it for years in my turbo engine when I needed more octane and did not have enough money to buy race gas. The only thing it does is up the octane. It will do that. It's a cheap way to go if you can't buy race gas.
You can be damn sure if something ups mileage 35% it will get around faster than the location of a 50 cents a gallon gas station. This one is like the old 100mpg carburetor. It never existed. It would be nice, but will never happen.

Old 10-04-2005, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo
I recently heard that putting acetone in your tank...about an ounce to 3 at the most per ten gallons can raise your gas milliage %15- %35 and sometimes more.
Ain't going to happen, no way, no how, no where. I used to run it for years in my turbo engine when I needed more octane and did not have enough money to buy race gas. The only thing it does is up the octane. It will do that. It's a cheap way to go if you can't buy race gas.
You can be damn sure if something ups mileage 35% it will get around faster than the location of a 50 cents a gallon gas station. This one is like the old 100mpg carburetor. It never existed. It would be nice, but will never happen.

How much were you using? His chart shows the benefits rapidly decreasing after 3oz per 10 gallons for gas and 2oz per gallon for diesel and actually decreasing milage beyond that.

Old 10-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

probably also eats out stuff in your engine.......like your injectors, etc..........i'd rather just pay the price..........even 10 cents don't bother me that much.......just don't drink your daily pop for the day......or quit smoking........or drinkin.........

I just close my eyes and hold the handle wide open.........

Old 10-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: RacinJason
No...but there are a bunch of people running used vegi oil to run thier diesels...smells like fries...no joke
I wonder if it burns clean
yes it is cleaner no hc.

Old 10-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Range Rover

I have to say that is interesting and worth a try. Sounds like I might be able to pick up a little performance too!!! Well thanx

Old 10-04-2005, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bradracer18
probably also eats out stuff in your engine.......like your injectors, etc..........i'd rather just pay the price..........even 10 cents don't bother me that much.......just don't drink your daily pop for the day......or quit smoking........or drinkin.........

I just close my eyes and hold the handle wide open.........
Actually, check out his link. Does not eat anything out, unlike alcohol. Speaking of alcohol, no need to be so drastic (...or drinkin....)

Old 10-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah do check out the link...Do a search on acetone increasing gas mileage or whatever. There are sites that have peoples results. Some dont benefit but you have to exp. to find out how much you should be putting in. Check the link.

Quick Reply: Acetone to raise gas milliage in car