Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Where NOT to purchase a quad near my town...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 02:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where NOT to purchase a quad near my town...

I have all ways went to Clawson Motorsports in Fresno Calif. to purchase my toys and have very good prices that cant be beat near my home town. My question is, why do I have to purchase an atv from 2 hrs away and still get 500.00 to 1000.00 difference from where I live?? Why cant they (Dealers) be competitive? Well, to make a point, my buddy decided to purchase an ATV near town and thought the guy was going to be cool with him he thought.... The salesman did get all buddy buddy with him until his paperwork was all done and he was ready to pick it up. He went yesterday to pick up his new YFZ about 30 min away from me (North Kern MotorSports in Delano, Calif) well the guy wouldnt give him the time of day to even talk to him and was too busy trying to make a sale with others out in the store. I mean, dude, come on, he just spent 7000.00 for a quad and he wouldnt even chat with him for anything. After a while of waiting to get his bike he thought he would ask for a shirt or helmet or something.... (Cuz I always brag about things I get from my dealer after purchasing a toy such as a Helmet, gloves and even a Jacket) The salesman wouldnt even budge, so on the way out he asked for a flag pole holder... Get this, its only 20.00 item and the salesman said no can do, I have all ready written up the paper work and its a done deal, that done mean **** in my book, everytime I had a deal they would just about toss me anything I had suggested, now if its a pricey item I know I wouldnt get it but come on, 20.00 gift for spending 7000.00 is petty!!

Well I guess I will just keep going to my favorite place, just like I said to him but he didnt want to wait but now I can see why I go the distance, actually I dont go anywhere, they actually delivered my toys to me at my front door at no extra charge. Get this, I just purchased a 2006 Rhino, they beat the local dealer by 1000.00 and delivered it to my front door!!!! Now that is going to keep my business and their reputation. So you know, I will recomend them to anyone who asks.

Just had to vent and hope my neighbors around me will do the same and shop somewhere else.

Old 10-13-2005, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

SOme dealers are like that. My family had bought 3 quads from the same dealer and when we went to buy the 4th, they wouldnt give us $HIT. I had to fight with the salesman just to get them to give me the 3yr YES warranty. They wouldnt lower the price, throw in some gloves or a helmet. So we went back to parts with the salesman to get some parts and I asked for a Fox sticker and the owner's son was there, he said no. All he could do was give me a 15% discount [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] The salesguy was nice and he actually bought it for us. Sometimes its not the salesman, its the guys in finance that can be dikheads.

Old 11-16-2005, 02:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

We live in the same area as you and use to shop and buy all of our toys from that big bike shop in San Berdo, however a recent visit changed us for good. We were out looking for our Rhino and the sales guy was such a jerk that we walked out in the middle of doing paperwork. We ended up buying our Rhino in Beaumont from the only dealer in town and it was wonderful, not only did they trow in a lot of perks, but gave us a card good for 10% off all our future purchases. Along with matching the ad for a Yamaha dealer that didn't even have the rhino in stock! Just thought I would let you know, there is somewhere else to go in the IE and still receive good customer service. And just a side note, the store in Beaumont is currently under construction across the freeway on a store that will be one of the biggest in California and the owner promised me himself that customer service will never lack as long as he's around.

Old 11-16-2005, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider

big bike shop = chaparral?

Old 11-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: caliraptor
big bike shop = chaparral?
Thanks for the info and what shop was that??

Old 11-22-2005, 01:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

You guessed it!!! I try to support local business and get the best deal for my money, I was just lucky I got to do both with the Rhino.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey glamisfamily ya'll live in BNG me too.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, we just moved here last year from Mira Loma. We wanted something we could stay in for awhile, and be closer to our favorite place, Glamis and the river. Big weekends have been great coming home because we get to get off the 10 before the traffic starts!!!

Old 11-22-2005, 08:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I would have told the salesman to forget the deal and where he could park it.

A friend of ours bought a new 700 Kawi and let his brother inlaw ride it. Well the inlaw wheelies it over and into a tree, busting all of the plastic, tail light, bending the handle bars and a rim with not even a hour on the quad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Our friend took it back to the dealer the next morning (saturday even) and they took all the parts needed to fix it off of a brand new quad while he was having breakfast and met us for riding by noon. That's service.
BTW that little ride cost his brother inlaw a little over a grand.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sixsixT
I think I would have told the salesman to forget the deal and where he could park it.

A friend of ours bought a new 700 Kawi and let his brother inlaw ride it. Well the inlaw wheelies it over and into a tree, busting all of the plastic, tail light, bending the handle bars and a rim with not even a hour on the quad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Our friend took it back to the dealer the next morning (saturday even) and they took all the parts needed to fix it off of a brand new quad while he was having breakfast and met us for riding by noon. That's service.
BTW that little ride cost his brother inlaw a little over a grand.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Thats a cool brother in law, atleast he paid for it all.

Quick Reply: Where NOT to purchase a quad near my town...