Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

It's true what they say! (Raptor-related)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's true what they say! (Raptor-related)

Originally posted by: Mr350X
Originally posted by: Ozark38
Oh Yeah!.............Nothing responds better to simple mods than a RAPTOR!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
(except of course for the banshee...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
or a warrior[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] lol, just kidding

Old 10-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Oh Yeah!.............Nothing responds better to simple mods than a RAPTOR!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
(except of course for the banshee...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
Yeah, you live your dead legend..LOL! A piped Banshee couldn't touch my piped Raptor!

Old 10-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

I really mean NOTHING could match my Raptor mod for mod...........did I mention NOTHING! There was never NOTHING that was piped and intaked that has ever beat it..................Dam! I miss my 660!

Old 10-20-2005, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Well, THAT I dont know. I havnt even ridden my banshee since the 700 was released, so I obviously havnt raced one.
But, I can tell you that the 700 had better be WAY WAY faster up a sand dune than the 660, or my shee WILL whoop it! he he.

(and I have heard that the power increase wasnt that dramatic... so I wouldnt be so sure if I were you)

Another thing, you said "nothing responds better", and I can assure you that the banshee DOES respond better.

A stock banshee is DEAD from the factory. Quiet as a blaster.
With pipes and intake, it makes more of a difference than it does on any single cylinder 4 stroke, this is a fact.

And the banshee is a dead legend? We'll see if the Raptor has as big of a following in 20 years as the banshee still does today... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
(we wont even compare todays banshee following compared to the raptors....)

Old 10-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

I really mean NOTHING could match my Raptor mod for mod...........did I mention NOTHING! There was never NOTHING that was piped and intaked that has ever beat it..................Dam! I miss my 660!

Oh yea one more thing. Look at the third machine down my list. That is piped and "intaked" and, well.....

Old 10-20-2005, 07:45 AM
Pro Rider

Well no doubt. I'd be a big fat liar if I said I never been beat by one but most of them had more than a pipe and open air filter though. For serious drag racing the Shee is almost unstoppable. As for this 700, I hope it responds to "simple" mods as well as my 660 did.........or maybe a Shee too......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]