Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

reliable yamaha dealers in northeast pa?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reliable yamaha dealers in northeast pa?

does any one know of any good reliable yamaha dealer with a good service department. last august i purchased two 2005 yamaha grizzly 660's from rusty palmers in honesdale,pa the quads were absolutely flawless untill they hit 2,000 miles and then they started to burn oil severely. the oil was checked before each and every ride and the quads had all servicing done early. i'm not blameing my dealer for this problem its just that i have been sold lemons!! both of them were sent to a shop in new york while on what was supposed to be a relaxing atv adventure. once we got the quads back they stopped burning oil for maybe 12 hours at the most and the dealer supposively bored them both 10 over and put a new piston/rings in them. once we got home from the trip i called my dealer and told them what has been going on and they said it would not be covered under the warrenty because another dealer opened the motor. but the quads have a y.e.s (yamaha extended service) plan whitch is supposed to be nation wide coverage. so then i called yamaha hoping to get an answer and all they told me was to talk to my dealer about the problem basicly saying i'm screwed. all i want to do is spend some time tearing up the trails and NOT have to constantly be worried if my quad has enoygh oil in it.
thanks for your help