Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly Wind Shield

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 07:32 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly Wind Shield

I ordered a windshield from Yamaha for my Grizzly. I am looking for thoughts from people who have used this item on thier quads before. Does it get in the way alot and does it change the way you see the trail? I don't think I will be using it on tight trails,just in the open areas to help keep me warm this time of year

Old 12-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

Its a big diff. when shooting across the lake or for ice fishing im getting ready to put mine on soon . The one I have is off of my 300 honda 4wd and it fits great. I havent ever used it in the trails though.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Range Rover

The windsheild is a must have item around here. for summer Yamaha has a smaller one to replace the one that comes with the faring. mirrors on it are also great to have. been in some very tight areas and no clearance problems other than going under downed trees. Get one you won't be sorry.

Old 12-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

I use the winshield in the winter and take the winshield off for summer...Leaving just the hand guard part. I think it looks sweet and really makes a difference when its cold out.

Old 12-09-2005, 07:55 AM
Range Rover

Well I bought the wind shield and tried it out for around 1 mile. It does it's job well but I could'nt get the little spacers in the mounts on the handle bars. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use them. I don't want to damage my handle bars if I can help it. Also how is it in the tight trails? Most of my local riding is pretty open but I am concerned about branches scratching it up.
Thanks

Old 12-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

I was concerned about scratches too when I first got mine...But its an ATV..Made to get scratched....I run right over small trees and laugh..........Plus it won't scratch to bad anyways...I use pledge on mine after washing it and any scratches are barely noticeable. Its like new shoes..once you get them dirty a few times you won't care as much.... What kind of windshield did you get? ATV Fairing ? I didn't have any problems installing mine and not sure what you are saying. Maybe a pic would help if possible.

Old 12-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Range Rover

I got the full clear windshield from Yamaha with the Grizzly emblem on the front. Not the faring kind. Only problem I can see is you look right through it so if it gets too scratched up I won't be able to see through it. I have seen others with the faring and I think they come with both a shorter and taller windshield. Looks like a great set up but it's more expensive. I will only be using this one in the cold months so it should last for quite some time. I like the way it covers your hands and with the hot grips my hands will never get cold.

Old 12-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Range Rover

oops

Old 12-14-2005, 01:34 AM
Range Rover

If your view is getting scratchy just give it a coat of pledge or Plexus.

Old 12-14-2005, 07:40 AM
Range Rover

Pledge really works on the scratches? I have never heard of this before but thats the second time someone has told me that. As soon as I get any scratches in it I will try it.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Grizzly Wind Shield