Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

700R mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700R mods

Originally posted by: madweazl
I'll add my $.02. I removed the arrestor from my 700 a couple weeks ago and it made a noticeable difference. Shortly after I raced a 700 with a CT pipe, Dobeck, and an aftermarket filter (not sure which) up test hill at Gordons. I imagine the above upgrade would run about 800 bucks. We were close out of the whoops, I had about 1/4 to 1/2 a bike on him, at the top of the hill he had 1/2 to 2/3 a bike length on me. Now, I dont know if the controller was programmed properly but that certainly was an increase in power worth 800 bucks to me. It has made me very hesitant to do the controller, pipe and filter mod as I dont want to spend that much money and get that little performance.
Something had to be off with his tuning on the controller. Before I did any mods to mine other than pull the baffle out and remove the air box lid I installed the PCIII and I felt a huge performance increase with a downloaded map for the above 2 changes. It made all the difference having the fuel curve remapped I then tuned and made small changes to the map on my lap top and reloaded the modified map and it kept getting better on the top. Once I added the GYT-R air filter and adapter and again remapped and fine tuned I felt even more of an increase and it ran hard all the way thru 5th gear unlike before where it felt like it went flat in 5th. I just added the LTE Duals and remapped again and am still in the tuning stages but I can again feel a huge seat of the pants difference. I wouldn't hesitate to do the mods if I were you if that's what your looking to do. Just spend the time to dial it in and you will be rewarded with big power gains. All the popular AM exhaust systems seem to be pretty close so pick your fav and go for it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2006, 01:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 700R mods

Hi RaptorRandy27,

your mod and out comes appear to be the same as mine. My LTE Dules are still in transit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I would seem it takes longer to travel 127km from Perth to Lancelin than it took to travel from the US via Sydney then to Perth.

I was wondering if you could email me (mick@oceanclassic.org) the map you are using [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] that would give me a great head start.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default 700R mods

Originally posted by: LancelinDuneRaptor
Hi RaptorRandy27,

your mod and out comes appear to be the same as mine. My LTE Dules are still in transit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I would seem it takes longer to travel 127km from Perth to Lancelin than it took to travel from the US via Sydney then to Perth.

I was wondering if you could email me (mick@oceanclassic.org) the map you are using [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] that would give me a great head start.
Sure, no problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 700R mods

hey i am new to this stuff but what kind of pipe should i get on my 700 raptor

Old 01-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 700R mods

Hi Okie,

The way I made my choice was to read all that is written here in the many threads by other 700R owners then check out the various web sites of the manufactures of after market pipes. By then you should be really confused and still undecided J

I was tossing up between the CT Racing system (www.ctracing.com) and the Trinity setup (www.trinityracing.com) myself. Then the more you get into it the more systems come onto the market so you look at some more like LRD (www.lrdperformance.com) DRD (www.dubachracing.com) FMF (www.fmfracing.com) HMF (www.hmfengineering.com) White Brothers (www.whitebrothers.com) and the list goes on and on……

I settled on the LTE (www.lteracing.com) even thou at the time I decided they hadn’t been released I had seen a set on a 660 owned by a friend of mine that introduced me to these forums, raptorgav. His 660, now a 730 and goes like a rocket. The LTE Duels look and sound great.

Mine arrived today however I will not have time to put them on until next week. I’ll let you know how they go.

There are a lot of guys here in these threads that have settled on a system and will tell you how it works for them. Basically then it is what feels right for you after hearing them out. Good Luck!

Old 01-06-2006, 01:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 700R mods

thanks for the good info. i have checked out the trinity ang the gytr. from what it looks like on the net the gytr actually has more gain for less money plus it is buildable which is great for a half broke college guy. have you had any good cmpetition on the rappy yet and if so what kind of quad?

Old 01-06-2006, 02:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 700R mods

Trinity is now officially claiming a 27hp gain with their 734 kit, they're using Raptor734's dyno run as their proof. You can see it in the latest magazines, like page 46 of the january issue of atvsport. The dyno clearly tops out at or above 75 hp, but the baseline is from 3 months earlier and probably a different bike. If you read the dyno, the runs actually show a gain of about 32hp but trinity must have decided that that was too much of a claim, even for them. Trinity claims 13hp from the stage 3 kit and thus another 14 for the piston and porting.

I've been lenient on Trinity for the sake of the Raptor 700 and it's owners, but my patientce with them has ended. According to trinity the reason for the high hp claims is the golf cart dyno tires they use. Assuming that a stock 700 makes 40hp and the trinity kit adds 27, that makes 67hp. Now that is clearly more reasonable that 75-77 and almost seems possible except for the understanding that you've still got the stock cam. Considering a dyno run isnt going to be off in a linear fashion, just like if your speedometer is not off 5mph at 35 and 5mph off at 70, I'm guessing the overall boost is significantly less as well.

I'm not saying these bikes wont run great, I know they can and will, I just dont want someone to lay down the money thinking they're automatically getting a true 75hp + machine.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default 700R mods

Hi Okie,

The way I made my choice was to read all that is written here in the many threads by other 700R owners then check out the various web sites of the manufactures of after market pipes. By then you should be really confused and still undecided J

I was tossing up between the CT Racing system (www.ctracing.com) and the Trinity setup (www.trinityracing.com) myself. Then the more you get into it the more systems come onto the market so you look at some more like LRD (www.lrdperformance.com) DRD (www.dubachracing.com) FMF (www.fmfracing.com) HMF (www.hmfengineering.com) White Brothers (www.whitebrothers.com) and the list goes on and on……

I settled on the LTE (www.lteracing.com) even thou at the time I decided they hadn’t been released I had seen a set on a 660 owned by a friend of mine that introduced me to these forums, raptorgav. His 660, now a 730 and goes like a rocket. The LTE Duels look and sound great.

Mine arrived today however I will not have time to put them on until next week. I’ll let you know how they go.

There are a lot of guys here in these threads that have settled on a system and will tell you how it works for them. Basically then it is what feels right for you after hearing them out. Good Luck!
Hey, did you get the Map I emailed you? I sent it from work so I'm not sure if you got it or not.

Old 01-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Range Rover
Default 700R mods

Love my 700R [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Mods listed below
Damm with those mods I would my bike too.. mine is still stock for now

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default 700R mods

Originally posted by: maddog56
Trinity is now officially claiming a 27hp gain with their 734 kit, they're using Raptor734's dyno run as their proof. You can see it in the latest magazines, like page 46 of the january issue of atvsport. The dyno clearly tops out at or above 75 hp, but the baseline is from 3 months earlier and probably a different bike. If you read the dyno, the runs actually show a gain of about 32hp but trinity must have decided that that was too much of a claim, even for them. Trinity claims 13hp from the stage 3 kit and thus another 14 for the piston and porting.

I've been lenient on Trinity for the sake of the Raptor 700 and it's owners, but my patientce with them has ended. According to trinity the reason for the high hp claims is the golf cart dyno tires they use. Assuming that a stock 700 makes 40hp and the trinity kit adds 27, that makes 67hp. Now that is clearly more reasonable that 75-77 and almost seems possible except for the understanding that you've still got the stock cam. Considering a dyno run isnt going to be off in a linear fashion, just like if your speedometer is not off 5mph at 35 and 5mph off at 70, I'm guessing the overall boost is significantly less as well.

I'm not saying these bikes wont run great, I know they can and will, I just dont want someone to lay down the money thinking they're automatically getting a true 75hp + machine.
...yeah, I too was pretty impressed with those claims, BUT, if you look at the stock numbers, its off by about ten. The 27 horse may be accurate, but the peak "numbers" are not! A stock 700 is making about 40 horse, NOT, 50-55. I cant remeber which they put. Thats pretty standard with trinity. There dynos are magical. I remember them claiming like 50 or 52 horse stock on the yfz, and 70-75 peak horse with the 500 kit. YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!

I wouldnt go off the numbers too much from them, as like I said, they are more then slightly off. The only thing you can go off of is the noticably better curve!! It may be a 27 horse increase, I am not saying that is necessarily off, but that also doesnt mean peak horse either.
I would highly doubt if you took the stock 40 and added 27, that your now making a peak horse of 67!! Probably more like low 60's. Thats just my guess.
Anyway, sounds pretty cool......dont be fooled by numbers though!

Quick Reply: 700R mods