Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CV Boot Problem, what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CV Boot Problem, wha would you do?

I bought my 06 from my local Shop on 9/9/05 and today when I went to have my new tires installed noticed a problem with both rear outer Cv Boots. Both the rear boots are loose, and clamps are off, still on axles but off boots, the right boot is tight to the axle, not full of air like the top ones, its sucked right in. The Left is better but the part that is conected to the hub is outside the clamp.

When I called the dealer he first told me to put a hose clamp on it, when I explained it was only 3 months old, he told me he would mail me a hose clamp. I told him I am taking it out there tomorrow for them to look at. He explained they dont have the parts in, but might be able to rig something up.

I am not sure if I was talking to a technician or not, but I took it back for service and paid them without complaining, purchased it with out negotiatiing, he gave me a good price upfront. But I have never expected anything for free.

Should I expect this to be covered under warranty?

Should I insist on new boots, not just rigged up, I am almost sure the Right Rear is out of grease.

Should I request new CV's under warranty.

What shoud I request, and what should I not accept. I dont want to have to buy CV's in 6 months when its out of warranty.

I have the bill for the tires, they are todays date so there is no way they can claim the 26" tires are the cause.

Old 12-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default CV Boot Problem, what would you do?

Wow have you ridden in snow lately? I rode one time and totally iced up my machine and ended up ripping a boot. If not maybe bad clamps , are they ruined? If you can pull the boots back and theres dirt or water in there you need to dismantle and clean and install new boots.

Old 12-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default CV Boot Problem, what would you do?

Sounds like the dealer is FOS. If it were me I would be screaming bloody murder. Thair actions of letting you pay for parts are not right. Thay should make the repairs under warranty.