Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior carb...cant believe it

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 04:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior carb...cant believe it

Well I recently bought a 2002 Warrior. First quad i ever bought. ALmost brand new, still got markings on the tires not a scratch on it. Anyways the guy said it was sitting for a while and he didnt close the petcock for the gas so the carb was gummed up. It wouldnt start. When i was messin around, i found out if i blow in the breather tube in the carb, it would start up and run for a couple of seconds then shut off. What would cause this? Also when i tried to take the carb apart i stripped the screws for the float bowl. I heard about this problem but it amazed me that yamaha used these types of screws. So what can i do to get these screws out and what size screw do i need to replace them? Sorry if any of this has been asked before, im new to the forum and just wanted some good advice. Thanks

Old 12-30-2005, 07:38 AM
Range Rover

You may be forcing fuel around whatever is clogging your carb. Try notching the stripped screw and use a flathead to get it out, then take your old screws with you when you buy new hardware.

Old 12-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tubes you are blowing in are vent tubes, when you blow in them,you pressurize the bowl,send fuel into the idle passage,and give it gas to run on, sounds like the rest is really gummed up. Slotting the stripped heads usually works for me, if you have a needl nose vice grip, try grabbing them with that and working them loose. I can't remember if they are like an M4 thread or something close to that, take one along like Ruffcountry said, most people get Allen head bolts,a lot easier to get out, and won't strip like the phillip heads can. Just to be safe,maybe put a tiny dab of anit-sieze on the threads when you put it back together.Get it open, put a carb spray can straw in every passage, blow it all out, and you should be in business.

Old 12-31-2005, 01:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks a lot guys....ill give it a try tonite.....cant wait to get it running and jump on some trails....