Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

450 wolverine is it worth it ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450 wolverine

Im thinking about getting the new 450 i might get it this week.. Has anyone seen a rack for the back of it yet? and what about performance mods for it . If you haev one tell me if you like it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

thanks for any help

Old 01-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 450 wolverine is it worth it ??

I got one for Christmas. I have read alot of bashing of it but I took it up to Little Sahara, Ok over the weekend. It performed like a champ, yes even at half throttle. I'm still breaking it in. Took on the dunes and the trails with no problem. I was pulling up the tallest dunes at half throttle, in 4x4 of course. On the flats I was running about 40-45 again about half way opened up. I had a blast, very nice all-around machine.
A few more hours and I'm going to take it back up there and really work it. A few friends rode it and they were impressed.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got it today and all i can say is sweet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i think they did a good job on what they did . I was limited to my back yard cuz i got home with it late but it will get the hell rode out of it this weekend then we will really find out what it can do
i just love it

Old 01-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

All,
I been looking at this quad for my wife and kids (and myself as a backup). Any negatives so far?

I'm currently looking at a Polaris Hawkeye because of the price. Granted these are two totally different machines and I don't view the Wolvy as a slow and underpowered machine for the wife as I do with the hawkeye. The hawkey is probably better for their ability but not mine.

Also, What did you have to pay for the Wolvy 450?

Old 01-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Trailblazer

I got one for christmas i love it we went riding sunday i had a blast
i am also looking for a box for the back rack right now i have a little
gun hard box bungied on to hold my phone and snacks
Stella

Old 01-04-2006, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

From what I have read it is pretty corked up. With the basic exhaust and air box mods you will start seeing the full potential of the motor.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

I paid right at 6k for it. Nothing negative so far. I'm really happy with it. Heading back up to little sahara this weekend too. Low 70's, should be great!

Old 01-08-2006, 01:26 PM
DW
Weekend Warrior

I bought this quad Thanksgiving weekend and love it. As long as you know up front that just cuz this thing looks like a Raptor, it ain't no Raptor. This is an all around trail machine and that's what I was looking for. Something I can switch in to 4x4 and hit the serious terrain with, then switch back to 2wd and slide the rear end and do some light jumping out on the trails. I've been to a local dirt track breaking it in and it has successfully been doing all that. I, too, am impressed with the power and only taking it to 1/2 throttle so far. It's not massive power, but for the trails, it's plenty. It's the same motor as the Kodiak 450 - a 421cc liquid cooled.

Go to www.yamaha-motor.com and you'll see what they have so far. Some exhaust parts and skid plates and a front bumper. My local dealer received a fax list and it included the cooler rack (~$160), but they don't have it on the yamaha site, yet. I check daily and I haven't found anyone else that has anything available for this thing. The only bummer with a revamped machine - delay on accessible goodies.

Old 01-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Range Rover

Truthfully, this quad probably fits the actual needs of more riders than any other machine. I'm really surprized this isn't a more wide spread market amongst the other brands........Sport 4x4...EXCELLENT IDEA!

Old 01-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

Well it's nice to see more and more people getting the new Wolvy. I was getting tired of people asking questions about them and when I would post something, it would get slammed saying all it is, is a rebadged Kodiak.

Quick Reply: 450 wolverine is it worth it ??