Old 01-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shootout: YFZ450 TRX450R

i'm not a thumper guy,but a SOHC engine will build power faster as
well cauze of the lesser rotating mass it have and quicker response down low,
on the other hand a DOHC motor will have more top end power and rpm
capabilities cauze of the 1 more cam and rotating mass it does have,crank
is more stonger too,just my 2 cents here.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: 1bad450r
Oh I dont think that suzuki is going to have any problems laying down some kick a$$ numbers. This isnt something that they just threw together.
Not to mention all of the 450 engines have plenty of potential whether it be red, blue, green, yellow, or orange.
Definatly..

Old 01-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 135boom I guess in your book, its totally a waste of time to shootout machines against eachother, to find out which one is "best"????

This statement right there lets everyone know that you don't know what your talking about. If you have to ask what that means, then you prove my point.

And how many posts do you need to try and validate a point?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Dude, what are you talking about? How does that statement show that I dont know what I am talking about. Perhaps you should read it more closely, you would realize the joke is on your a$$. And as far as how many posts it takes, well, as many as I feel to get my point across to different folks. Who made you "god of the forum".
I am going to agree with dsnut, as preference does not drive "best", as performance does. Your totally going to dismiss that every shootout up to today as said that the yfz outperforms the trx on the track? DUDE, open your eyes and stop denying it! That many different pro riders riding the damn things, and they all must be wrong! And You are right? ....ok?

My only point was that it will take more money to get the trx to perform equally or better to the yfz if you start modding them equally. Your starting at a disadvantage. It may be close, but the yfz clearly has it!
Now if you personally can ride a trx better the the yfz, then obviously YOU should go with the trx. As for me, and every other pro test rider that has done the shootouts, were going to go with the yfz......see ya out on the track!

I am not into spending more money than I have to, to get to a certain place in performance, which I feel I would have to do if I got a trx!

Old 01-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

........maybe the z450 will be my next quad, as it actually does have a better chance of being the "best", and will most likely take less money to keep it that way!

Old 01-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: 135boom
Originally posted by: 135boom I guess in your book, its totally a waste of time to shootout machines against eachother, to find out which one is "best"????

This statement right there lets everyone know that you don't know what your talking about. If you have to ask what that means, then you prove my point.

And how many posts do you need to try and validate a point?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Dude, what are you talking about? How does that statement show that I dont know what I am talking about. Perhaps you should read it more closely, you would realize the joke is on your a$$. And as far as how many posts it takes, well, as many as I feel to get my point across to different folks. Who made you "god of the forum".
I am going to agree with dsnut, as preference does not drive "best", as performance does. Your totally going to dismiss that every shootout up to today as said that the yfz outperforms the trx on the track? DUDE, open your eyes and stop denying it! That many different pro riders riding the damn things, and they all must be wrong! And You are right? ....ok?

My only point was that it will take more money to get the trx to perform equally or better to the yfz if you start modding them equally. Your starting at a disadvantage. It may be close, but the yfz clearly has it!
Now if you personally can ride a trx better the the yfz, then obviously YOU should go with the trx. As for me, and every other pro test rider that has done the shootouts, were going to go with the yfz......see ya out on the track!

I am not into spending more money than I have to, to get to a certain place in performance, which I feel I would have to do if I got a trx!
LMAO! I figured you would have to ask what that meant. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And BTW, I never said I felt the TRX was what I would chose if I was buying between the two.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

....ha ha. that all you ahve to say. Mr big shot

Old 01-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

......you make NO sence.....ask what, what meant????? fricken idiot!

Old 01-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

....ha ha. that all you ahve to say. Mr big shot
What is there to say? No matter what you aren't going to learn something so what is the point. I don't want to get in a p*ssing match with you, if I get in a debate I want to do it with someone that has a legitimate knowledge of the sport and doesn't have to resort to childish name calling like you have done.

......you make NO sence.....ask what, what meant????? fricken idiot!

Read our posts back over![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

LMAO! I figured you would have to ask what that meant. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And BTW, I never said I felt the TRX was what I would chose if I was buying between the two.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

......Hey by the way, i jsut noticed something. Looks like the only experience you have with the honda motor is in the cfr frame. Dont confuse the two, as the dirtbike is a whole nother ball game. You cant ride a crf, then come on here and think you know what you are talking about with the trx!

Old 01-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

......Hey by the way, i jsut noticed something. Looks like the only experience you have with the honda motor is in the cfr frame. Dont confuse the two, as the dirtbike is a whole nother ball game. You cant ride a crf, then come on here and think you know what you are talking about with the trx!
And just how do you know what experience I have when it comes to using these machines? Just because I do not own them doesn't mean I don't ride them AND work on them.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Shootout: YFZ450 TRX450R