Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CT racing dyno readings-~raptor 700~-

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 01:37 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT racing dyno readings-~raptor 700~-

Originally posted by: CTracingraptor
every dyno is different no two are teh same. and ive had my bike on 2 different dyno's other than CT and the numbers have came up each time 1.5hp within what CT claims.
no two quads are the same either...

Old 01-11-2006, 01:45 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: CTracingraptor
i'll bash trinity all i want, its all in good fun the same way you bash kenz. i was at the hill that night also.

NOT MANY PEOPLE ON HERE HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT....EITHER!

we've been their and done that, we're talking about inflated dyno numbers, not that the bike doesnt make good power! i tell you what,

so lets play the displacement game,
his 734r
against the few 727, or 730cc glamis this weekend, you know where we will all be. if it beats these bike i will shut my mouth against trinity.
im curious to see how this "bad" trinity 734 runs agains a 727,730 or even a 686.
raptor 734, i think you said you'll be their. if your trinty make power to compete with these "smaller bore" engine i will not longer bash trinity, but i assure i will never "represent" nor recommend them. lol

Yes I was planning on being at glamis mlk weekend to run with the big boys, knowing that my bike doesnt stand a chance, but for the expierience and to check out all the bikes, although I do believe my raptor could hold it's own with alot of 400lb big bores if you know what I mean. Somehow though I get the feeling I wouldnt be too welcome in some areas lol

Anyhow it all doesnt matter much now, I hit the sand pretty hard coming down olds Sat. my bike is fine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But my riding season is over [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] A week before mlk...just my luck...

Old 01-11-2006, 02:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Peak hp on a dyno does not win races. Average horsepower across the rpm range does. If you take a motor that shows a peak hp of 75 at 7800 rpm but it only produces over 50 hp within a 700 rpm range and stack it next to the same bike (all other variables being equal) that makes peak hp of 60 at 7000 rpm but makes over 50 hp over a 2000 rpm range. The 60 hp bike is going to kill the 75 hp bike....... especially when you run a little higher gear ratio due to its power coming on so much earlier to create that flat of a power curve.

Dyno's are tuning tools and they vary drastically but look at the other numbers the dyno can produce like how early the power comes on line and the elapsed time of the dyno run (how quickly the bike revs from 2000 rpm to the power peak). I guarenty you the motor that comes on line earlier and reaches that 8000 rpm shift point the quickest in an equal chassis will win the race but it doesn't have to have the highest peak hp to rev the quickest.

Peak hp is way overrated.

Ron

Old 01-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CoyoteRiverRaptor
I was at the bottom of that hill that night and know what happened!Tom was standing with me and my family at the bottom.Your leaving a lot of details out of the story, go peddle your crap somewhere else. The bike to bike comparison fell out just like the dyno readings. CRR

I was there and I disagree that the bike to bike comparison fell out just like the dyno readings. It took a jockey that weighed **at least** 30 lbs less than Jarhead and half a dozen runs to claim a single win. Out of all the races on quads that supposedly put out more HP (inertia dyno), only 1 race with a lightweight professional jockey was claimed as a win for the Kenz camp. For a guy that isn't a professional jockey and didn't put a tremendous amount of money into his Raptor, Jarhead ran amazingly strong that night. Every time someone tries to minimize his wins, they are insulting my friend and my integrity.

There is no way in hell that Trinity is getting over 70 HP from their 734 kit. When I saw the dyno sheet in an ATV Sport ad, I almost fell off the toilet. That said, I agree that Raptor734R is taking the brunt of the Trinity bashing. I'm sure his quad runs strong and even if it's only an honest 56 HP, it's stronger than any other 700R that I've seen. None of this talk is personal Raptor734R, enjoy your Raptor and don't sweat the dyno discussions.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Range Rover

Oh no, here comes the thug.

I stand by my statements.

CRR

Old 01-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

Thug?? Nice, real nice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] For someone "not associated" with the Klowns, you sure are quick on the personal attacks.

You can stand by your statements or stand on your head for all I care, I know what I saw and the videos backed up my post-race report.

It appears that some of you AZ guys are still in denial, everyone else has figured out exactly what happened that night at Glamis.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I stop in on the Yamaha forum from time to time because my second bike is an '06 700R. Why is it that most of these threads end up in a pi$$ing contest rather than a productive exchange of facts?

Just curious.

Ron

Old 01-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Range Rover

Yea thug.

If anyone can make a compelling argument that your not a thug I'll reconsider my comment.

Just look at your signature, Thug?

My association with anybody or anything has nothing to do with your internet behavior.

CT quoted King and 660r blew a gasket and made the “And you Kenz whine @$$'$” comment, Thug.

You both hate King yet you slam Kenz and anybody that doesn't get there motorwork done by Craycraft?

Maybe it is because CT wants a Kenz 686 and not Craycraft?

I don't think CT even has anything from Kenz yet?

CRR

Old 01-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

CRR,

Thanks for proving my point.

Ron

Old 01-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Range Rover

Ron,

Glad I could help you share your wisdom with the world.

CRR

Ron, one question, did your comment help the situation or just make you "feel" momentarily superior?

Because your point was made before your second comment, once you made your second comment you become part of the process you were commenting on and added nothing to the process?

That was a productive exchange of a fact.

CRR

Quick Reply: CT racing dyno readings-~raptor 700~-