Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

best jet kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best jet kit

Which is the best jet kit for a 2004 kodiak 450. I install ITP wheels and Mud lite tires and tI'm rying to regain my power back. I installed a clutch kit. and it helped some. but looking a jet kit and do they really work.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default best jet kit

jet kits only work for a stock machine which is not jetted for its conditions or engine mods like exhaust, intake but not for wheels or clutch. if the clutch gave you more power your old won was probably worn out.

no not tooo sure about this but i thought since no one else is answering i would try and help you out. hope it does

Old 01-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default best jet kit

oh and dyno jey is a good comapy thats what i am going to buy or else you can just pick up the jets you need from any dealer so if you know what you need then just get them from a dealer there only $2 each or so

Old 01-12-2006, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default best jet kit

Jet kits are a waste of money in my opinion.

Old 01-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default best jet kit

Just go buy the jets from the dealer. Ask somebody on here what size you need and they will help you out. Don't buy a jet kit. They are a total and complete waste of money if you ask me.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:32 AM
Trailblazer
Default best jet kit

thats what i was told and said above but i manged to get a dyno jet kit for $40 USD so in that case i think it would be better to get the kit cuz you can play arround more. For example i ahve no idea what jet sizes i need. no idea at all so i don't have to go to the store buy some return some buy others etc.

I think it depends on your ability and the advice you can get. I posted a jetting ? about some exhaust and only 1 person answered it.

I looked though the search and there was no other anwser for my specfic aplication at 5600 feet etc so now i will just do trial and error.

Old 02-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default best jet kit

Yah, but the dyno jet kit. I was able to instal mine myself, but you better follow the directions and have very good eyesight cause there are alot of little parts (learned this after dropping some on a dirty shop floor. Anyway took about 3 hours but well worth it if you ask me. Mine is much quicker off the line. It has less hesitation and more *****.

Trending Topics

Old 02-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default best jet kit

all jet kits are the same, so one isnt going to be better than another- all they are is a box of needles and screws that go into the carb for optimum air/fuel mixture- you only really need one if you do an intake or exhaust modification or ride at high elevations

i installed one in my 450 after putting in a "high air flow" air filter-whether thats true or not, who knows--i did notice a difference however, not huge but it now has an extra kick when you hit about 20mph

Old 02-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default best jet kit

If you plan on leaving the intake and exhaust stock...jetting isnt gonna do much.
Its a package deal, where all 3 areas need to be fixed up. A freer flowing filter, and removing the lid, along with a freer flowing exhaust, and then jet the carb. But if the intake and exhaust are going to remain stock, and restrictive, more gas isnt gonna help...you also need to have more air.
If you dont have any drivability issues ,other than low on power, jetting isnt gonna do it.

Old 02-20-2006, 05:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default best jet kit

Depending on which jet kit you buy the sizing could be different. I think Dyno Jet has different numbers for their jets. And you cant always count on the dealer to steer you straight on the jet size if you're going to buy them individually, I have made that mistake and so has my cuz.