Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

how bout that 700r!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how bout that 700r!!

ok here goes im 16 years old and im looking at buying a 700r after i buy my truck this spring when i sart work again i was wondering if there worth the time and a$$ ache of finacing....... could u dudes tell me about this thing b4 i by it thanks ...... iv always driven honda and utties but now that im getting a truck i have that to do my dirty work and go off roading in and i still love honda but yamaha has got the bike i want to have so there for this is why im asking u guys wut u think....

Old 01-27-2006, 02:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I guess the laws have changed. I couldn't sign for a loan until I was 18......

Old 01-28-2006, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider

After having mine since september i think youll just have to change your name to ride blue or stay home!!! Course you can always get the white or yellow one if you want.

You cant go wrong with it, but if your strapped for cash, this isnt the bike for you. The intakes are $100+, exhaust is $500 plus, you need a computer to tune it, which will be $200-330.

Old 01-28-2006, 02:37 AM
Range Rover

I guess the laws have changed. I couldn't sign for a loan until I was 18......
he probaly doing like i would.. get my mom or dad to sign and i pay them every month and they pay the bank. Or i would get my parents to buy then finace threw them plus they probaly help me out on finacing a lil...

Old 01-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Range Rover

well yamaha11theway has got it but.... the money issuse really doesnt concern me cause i have a stable job with a family friend and not to sound c0cky but i make a pretty good pay check at the end of the week compared to most of my friends.....but the ones where mommy and daddy buy them everything don't count.....

Old 01-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Range Rover

What really drives me nuts is when mommy and daddy buy there kids cars... I think all kids should buy atleast there first car or else you have no respecty for it.... LIke me i wash my truck all the time but mky buddy who just got his truck from dad dont give a sh&t.. he hits his door into people doestn lock it never washes it and stuff like that. But thats justy my opinon and opinons like but holes everyones got one and no on wants to hear from them

Old 01-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Range Rover

yeah i have a friend jus like that hes on his 3rd truck and hes 17 he pounds the **** out of em and momy and daddy buy a new one.now it really p1sses me of cause im 16 have worked in the same place for 4 years and he doesnt even have a job yet and hes older idk i take pride in my stuff cause i bought it

Old 01-29-2006, 11:27 PM
Range Rover

hey, im 16 too. my first car looks like its gonna be a 95 jeep cherokee handy down from my mom. kinda weird getting the same car that used to drive u to school when u were in 5th grade. but it has radio, and 4x4. so im down with that.

anyway. what kind of riding will u be doing? describe to us what u usually have to handle on ur rides, or what u want to do once u get a sport quad. then we could help more.

Old 01-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Range Rover

MOST OF THE TIME IM ON THE ROADS AND WHEN WE ARE ON TRAILS THEIR FLAT WITH LILTTLE OR NO MUD AT ALL BUT U COULD SAY 95% OF MY RIDING IS ON THE ROAD ..........BASICLY IM ASKING WHAT U GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS BIKE B4 I SPEND THIS KIND OF MONEY......I MEAN I PRETTY MUCH AM A GEAR HEAD AND NO ALL ABOUT THESE BIKES ITS JUST I WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM YET BESIDES THE RECALL THEY FIRST HAD WHEN THEY CAME OUT.......IAN

Old 01-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Range Rover

well first question that comes to mind is why did u have a honda ute on mud tires if ur always on the road??

But anyway, given that info i'd say the YFZ. But you will need to change the oil more often. and adjust the valves more often. if u get an 06, there is some bolt inside the motor u will need to tighten. i dont remember where i found it, but i'll look for it. seems like this bolt is loose on ever 06, and if it comes off it can damage ur inners.

new R450 looks good for road use since its so wide. My cousin has a rap 660, lowered and widened for the road. but make sure u can run quick. cuz he has 19 tickets now, and lost his liscence. but he was on the warrior when he was caught, and he made it thru 6 road blocks. so hey...

Quick Reply: how bout that 700r!!