Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Banshee??

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Banshee??

Originally posted by: braddsn
Do you agree that even a bone stock YFZ450 will stomp a slightly modded Banshee? Because I promise it will.
Ha, no it won't. And to say "I promise it will" just sounds foolish! You don't know what you are talking about................

Old 01-31-2006, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yamaha Banshee??

Oh and, I borrowed a buddies YFZ450 for a weekend in trade for my 4x4 truck, it was basically brand new, all stock. The best way to describe it is....
you need to strap an anvil to the front end if you want to keep it down. It is a wheelie MONSTER, and in all honesty, it is the fastest atv I have ever ridden.
It was so much fun that I never wanted to get off of it. Also, top speed seemed like 400 mph. Awesome!
LMAO!!!! What?????????? A quad with 35-37 hp stock is the fastest quad you have ever ridden?
And you are trying to speak intelligently about a Banshee??????? Bah hahahaahahahahha!!!!!!!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2006, 06:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default Yamaha Banshee??

Enforcer.... not sure where to start here. You sound like you are laughing a little too much in that last post..
First off, if you want to laugh at me, thats fine... but I raced motocross for years on machines that would spank any atv you own or have owned...I know what fast is ok?? So this is not a "who is the coolest" post. You laughed because I said the YFZ450 was the fastest quad I have ever ridden. Explain how that is funny?? Because I am interested in how slow you think it is. Tell everyone on here that because it is only 37 hp, it is slow..... And I also realize that the Banshee is fast. I have ridden and sold several of them. Personally, I still think the YZF is faster. Now, top end speed, like a long drawn out straight away drag race, the Banshee might get there first. But when I say fast, I mean #1. Quick, #2. Makes the fastest lap time. On a typical dirt track, put me on a YFZ450, and you take your banshee. Stock for stock. You, my friend, will lose. Also on the trails, you will lose. So I am ready to argue all day on this. Bring it. I know what I am talking about.
I assume that because you have a modified Banshee, that means that you can laugh at folks that think a stock YFZ is fast? Well, then its only fair that I can laugh when no matter how much you modify your Banshee, my CR250 will still stomp it on the track. And yes, my CR is modded too.
Later..

Old 01-31-2006, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yamaha Banshee??

Enforcer.... not sure where to start here. You sound like you are laughing a little too much in that last post..
First off, if you want to laugh at me, thats fine... but I raced motocross for years on machines that would spank any atv you own or have owned...I know what fast is ok??
LMAO!!!! Well the above post is a very good example of why you are being laughed at!
Buy making statements like the one above, you make it sound like you know me. Witch you do not! And then you try to make your self sound knowledgealbe by claiming to have raced motocross for years LOL. What does that have to do with anything????
Hmmmm, now can ya see why you are being laughed at??? Or should I explain it a bit more???

Old 01-31-2006, 07:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default Yamaha Banshee??

Yes explain more. As a matter of fact, explain to everyone that posts here why you laughed at me when I said that a YFZ450 was the fastest quad I had ever ridden... Explain to me how they are slow.. Please.. go on. Explain to everyone how 37 horsepower is weak like you insinuated it to be. You were laughing because a stock YFZ450 has 'only' 35-37 horsepower... were you not???? Go on.. explain.

Old 01-31-2006, 07:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default Yamaha Banshee??

Braddsn,

You are debating with a moron. I have read his posts all over the forum for about a year. He just trolls for fights. You can't detour him with logic because he has no shame.

Everybody here can see that you are reasonable and he is not. You can't change him because the way he acts doesn't bother him.

I will give him this, he is entertaining to read.

Rob

Old 01-31-2006, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yamaha Banshee??

braddsn,Ok.... First off, you need to learn to read. I did NOT say the YFZ was "slow"....
Then you said a "bone stock yfz450 will stomp a slightly modded Banshee" Witch is not true....
Considering both quad have about the same hp stock, a slightly modded banshee will respond to modification much better. That is, you will get a bigger hp gain from installing a set of pipes on a 2 stroke.
Then you go on to say your cr250 will stomp my banshee on the track..... Huh????? If you are talking about a mx track, then how many 10 mill strokers have you seen on an mx track??????????????????????????????????? LOL.
And you ask why I laugh????? Shall I get out my big crayon and draw you a picture?????????

Old 01-31-2006, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yamaha Banshee??

Originally posted by: RobandDS
Braddsn,

You are debating with a moron. I have read his posts all over the forum for about a year. He just trolls for fights. You can't detour him with logic because he has no shame.

Everybody here can see that you are reasonable and he is not. You can't change him because the way he acts doesn't bother him.

I will give him this, he is entertaining to read.

Rob
LOL, ah yes just what this thread needs..... A cry baby from the bombardier forum!!!!!
You sound like that DSNUT wimp???? Hmmmm I thought you were signing off!!!!!!!
If you have something to add to this thread then fine, lets hear it....
But if all you have to bring is your **** and moan cry baby attitude, then perhaps you should craw back to where you came from....
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2006, 08:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default Yamaha Banshee??

Enforcer, now the frustrations that you are feeling are a taste of how you made me feel. See what I mean??? I said what I said about my CR250 beating your Banshee on a track, only because you were laughing at me. So I made a comment, enabling me to laugh at you. See what I mean?? Point is, I have nothing to prove. I just don't appreciate someone laughing at me, especially when I know that I am an experienced rider, and I know that everyone on the planet except you will agree with me that a stock YFZ450 is fast. Do you know the concept of relativity? Let me explain. You laughed because I think a stock YFZ is fast. After getting off of your 15 thousand dollar drag Banshee, YOU think the YFZ is slow. Well, relative to your Banshee out on a straight away, yes the YFZ is slow. However, your 15 thousand dollar drag Banshee is slow compared to a top fuel funny car isn't it???? Yes. Slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter. Is that hard for you to swallow? Good. Its reality. Now grow up and quit laughing at people. Each machine has its place. The way you are acting, its as if you are trying to compensate for something you are lacking??

Old 01-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Yamaha Banshee??

I used to have a Banshee. It handled ok, it rode rough and had a lot of untapped potential. I much prefer the Raptor 700R that we bought to replace it. If you are looking to build a monster drag bike or at minimum a fast bike for less than $10k, a Banshee is a good way to go. As a duner or trail quad, the new 4-strokes are much better I think.

Ron

Was someone talking about me? My ears were burning.

Quick Reply: Yamaha Banshee??