Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

$936.59 and a month Later

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 01:27 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $936.59 and a month Later

I went and got my blaster from yamaha yasterday after they pretty much replaced the entire engine, and it started on one kick i let it warm up and i rode it up the ramps up in the truck, and I shut it off and drove home I broke it in for about 1-2 hours and i went to ride me a sweet wheelie and the fisrt one went very well, the second time i tried it I think I smoked the clutch it started slipping so I put it up and started it today and It will barley move at all

Old 02-11-2006, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

Dude that sucks... What year is it????????

Old 02-11-2006, 01:35 AM
Trailblazer

95 with new wiesco platinum piston, milled head, filter, bored out to 230cc it felt sloppy when I got it back so I never really got to open her up but I know with a sloppy clutch it would still rock a wicked wheelie LOL it suck i have to spend another 300 for a clutch and basket if anyone has an old GOOD basket layin around lemme know we'll work something out on it\

Old 02-11-2006, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

I would take it back to the dealer and yeah I just had this serviced for $940 and I rode it easy and tried to break it in well anyway I rode it for like 2 hours and the fuc*ing thing broke again it just like started messing up and I so I stopped riding 'cause it was the clutch and now it wont hardly move. O would play all stupid like and then get pissed and be like I am telling everyone what you guys are running, charging tons of money and the s*it dont even fu*king work. I am going to the track tomorrow and telling everyone I know or see there. I would be like you better fix the sh*t free of charge or give me my fuc*ing grand back. LOL that is what I would do. Sorry 'bout the words but you might get it fixed free of charge, or get kicked out. Better idea... go in all nice and calm and be nice and then if they are like well were sorry but there is nothing we can do, or well to fix ir will be 'bout $300. HAHA it worked for my dad, and he also got free servicing for like one year, but there is only 2 dealers in town so yeah. But He also got some free riding gear that they did not sell for like 1 year. It had like 5 layers of dust on it. Wish he would have gotten some free parts for my blaster.

Old 02-11-2006, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fastestkidaround
O would play all stupid like and then get pissed and be like I am telling everyone what you guys are running, charging tons of money and the s*it dont even fu*king work. I am going to the track tomorrow and telling everyone I know or see there. I would be like you better fix the sh*t free of charge or give me my fuc*ing grand back. LOL that is what I would do.
So what are you suggesting? Lie to the dealer so that you can get something for nothing? And it wasn't even their fault?

I suggest being honest with the dealer, and see what he will do.

Old 02-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

garrin, get a billet basket, also get a TUSK clutch kit for $35 from RMATV... but if i were you i would get 2 or 3... just in case.. btw i know people that run those ins super modified quads with no problem.

Old 02-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Trailblazer

I won't take it back and lie to them, we kinda parted on somewhat of bad terms because they lied to me countless times and wouldn't give me any information about my bike while it was there, so I had it out with them on the phone a few times, however they were the nicest people you ever met when I paid my bill in cash! so screw them, the cheapest basket i can find is on ebay for like 149.00 i will check into the disc set from rma, do you know it comes with the springs because I want springs that are a little stronger cause I love the power wheelie and stronger spring will help lol.

Trending Topics

Old 02-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

yea HD springs..

Old 02-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer

I think I will order the plates and springs but a buddy of mine useda race atv in the early 90's and he was poor like me and told me that he thought he could "make the basket work" by modifing it somehow with a file or something I couldnt really hear what he was saying over my cell phone but it sounded like he had done in a few time with excellent results anyone ever heard of this?