Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOUDEST PIPE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by: DriverDoyle

And its not loud by choice......Its just how im setup....back pressure kills her....
Its not loud by choice? So your sayin thats how it came from the manufacturer? you made the choice to alter it and make it obnoxiously loud.

Thing is to motorheads the loud quads sound kewl. but to those who arn't, wich are the majority of the tree huggin hippys and librals who make up what we can and cant do, Don't like the loud pipes and use them as an excuse to close down more and more riding areas... were gonna have to find a way to appease these people, by
A) Being responsible
B) Being Courteous
C) Keeping the areas we have clean
D) Keeping as much ammunition outta their guns as possible

Why is it that a 4 cylinder 1000 cc street bike can throw out 180hp and be relativly quiet. but a lil 686 craptor has to be louder that a frigg f18 on takoff? there is no reason. Maybe exhaust companys should think about that.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

just drop it want it loud make it loud, want it quite make it quite, you buy them to do with what you want..

Old 02-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: AustinONeal
just drop it want it loud make it loud, want it quite make it quite, you buy them to do with what you want..
If you were the only person on the planet id agree with you.. But guess what.. The people with more voice and persuasive power than ATV users DO NOT LIKE THEM LOUD. In fact they do not like them at all. So make it loud and hell why dont you dump all your trash at the riding area's while your at it.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

Thing is to motorheads the loud quads sound kewl. but to those who arn't, wich are the majority of the tree huggin hippys and librals who make up what we can and cant do, Don't like the loud pipes and use them as an excuse to close down more and more riding areas... were gonna have to find a way to appease these people, by

I Agree 100% with A-B-C-D........I quess we still have it good in oklahoma and Texas....We have awsome places to ride...Little saharra oklahoma...St joe texas...Were no one bothers us at all...

Old 02-14-2006, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: AustinONeal
If you were the only person on the planet id agree with you.. But guess what.. The people with more voice and persuasive power than ATV users DO NOT LIKE THEM LOUD. In fact they do not like them at all. So make it loud and hell why dont you dump all your trash at the riding area's while your at it.

Lol you got it buddy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Ill hold it down here in oklahoma u dont worrie about me

Old 02-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

I Agree 100% with A-B-C-D........I quess we still have it good in oklahoma and Texas....We have awsome places to ride...Little saharra oklahoma...St joe texas...Were no one bothers us at all...
I hate to break the news to you.. But texase is growing at a rate of roughly 10% every other year. that means there is gonna be allot more hippies in your area. Oklahoma is growing at 3% everyother year. More hippies.. enjoy your loud pipes and atvs while you can cuz they will take em away.

Im confused though. a 1000cc bike has to flow 211 cubic feet of air every minute at 12k rpms and a 686 only flows 109 cubic feet every minute at 9k rpms. so why is it that atvs have to be so loud agin? cuz they have to flow?

Old 02-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

You actually make a good point.
You perhaps have not had experiance the joy of having all your favorite riding areas closed in OK and TX, yet.
I can tell you it does and will happen.
I cannot even begin to count all the places I can't ride anymore because of idiots.
Hundreds and hundreds of awesome riding spots, closed forever.
Remember the attitudes you see here, print it, post it on the wall.
So when your favorite spot is closed, you can remember why it happened.

It will never happen here, yeah, sure.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

The population in texas is increasing by 400,000 people a year.

The Texas Population Density
People per square mile, 1990: 64.86
People per square mile, 2000: 79.61

thats a 15 person per square mile increase. Trust me. If it continues your areas in texas will get bitched about and closed too.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

Im confused though. a 1000cc bike has to flow 211 cubic feet of air every minute at 12k rpms and a 686 only flows 109 cubic feet every minute at 9k rpms. so why is it that atvs have to be so loud agin? cuz they have to flow?
Ok cowboy......Are you trying to tell me that you can run a High Compression Pistion with a stock exhaust..? If you do it will never run right.......And i know you know better than that....
I know they make alot of diffent exhaust for quads.....and some are not that loud.......When your running High Compression...More Air in More Air out makes HP.....

Yeah it was my choice to build her up to this point.....But I love working on quads...Thats what i do when im not in my freightliner haulin rock.....You guys want to keep your quads stock and keep everyone happy thats cool.....

Old 02-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

So when your favorite spot is closed, you can remember why it happened.
agreed.

people who want to be loud better hope i never get into congress or into the presidency. yeah go ahead and laugh!!

i will keep and make new areas to ride as best i can, but i WILL have a strict db limit imposed everywhere i can. if you are over the limit you are out. case closed. cowbow has a good point about the 4cylinder bikes HP and airflow vs the raptor... re-read it.

listen to common sense> louder doesnt necessarily equal power and its a fact that the numero uno (#1 for those not bilingual) reason riding areas get closed is due to N O I S E. noise is inversely proportional to the number of riding places. the louder=less. quieter = more. simple.

Quick Reply: LOUDEST PIPE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!