LOUDEST PIPE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 08:15 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOUDEST PIPE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im confused. arent street bikes like 12:1 or more? thats pretty high compression.. they are pretty quiet. Why cant someone make a quad exhaust thats quieter and still flows? those exhasts are flowing twice as much yet are quieter how come. i thought it had to be loud to flow? is it because they are 4 cylinders with short strokes and small pistons or somthing. if thats the case maybe ATVs should be built with similar technology to reduce their noise. cuz we want more area to ride not less. maybe the manufacturers could help us out in our quest.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

id love to see an r1 or r6 quad from the factory. it would rip anything out there and be quiet.hmmmm.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
people who want to be loud better hope i never get into congress or into the presidency. yeah go ahead and laugh!![/Q
i will keep and make new areas to ride as best i can, but i WILL have a strict db limit imposed everywhere i can. if you are over the limit you are out. case closed. cowbow has a good point about the 4cylinder bikes HP and airflow vs the raptor... re-read it.
and its a fact that the numero uno (#1 for those not bilingual) reason riding areas get closed is due to N O I S E. noise is inversely proportional to the number of riding places. the louder=less. quieter = more. simple.
twentycharacters..Im Not laughing...Im Understanding yalls point....And kinda fell sorry for ya..
I quess were just lucky in oklahoma....With places like little sahara and st joe...
Are Quad shop (AustinOneal owner) Sits on around 2000 acers...We have are own dragStrip..FlatTrack..And MX track...For tuning are Quads....I Quess i just did not know how bad some people had it for places to ride....

(listen to common sense> louder doesnt necessarily equal power) For the most part your are right....But when you have the money in your quads like we do and your trying to get every once of power out of them you do what it takes..to be your best...And trust me we have lots of man hours in all are quads...

Old 02-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

i got a some pvc pipe thats 5 inches big and 5 foot long and i stick it over my muffler and its pretty loud LOL
anyone know how to weld plastic pvc to an alum. muffler LOL

STOP THINKING i was just KIDDING

Old 02-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 420EX
Originally posted by: BeerSmurf
I just shake my head when I read this thread.
One of the issues with loss of riding areas is noise.

Don't ruin things for all of us.
Finally someone said it! THANK YOU!

Loud doesn't make power, just makes you look like an idiot. IMO
LOL this is funny. you must not know anything about drag bikes. I run a drag pipe on my DS and its nothing but a round piece of metal bent to shape and slaped on thats all they are no mufflor or any back pressure MAXIMUM NOISE its a 730 big bore stage 3 bike and tell me its not making power the more air u get to flow into the carb and out the exhoust the more ponies your goin to get.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

If you don't think the noise is a problem in Texas, relax, it will be. The state is considering opening and operating parks designated for ORV use. You can bet there will be restrictions involved. Would I give up a loud pipe to have more places to ride? In a heartbeat.

Old 02-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Trailblazer

Loud pipes are what close down trails and we dont want 1 person ruining it for others.

Old 02-15-2006, 09:22 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: DriverDoyle

So i really dont care what people say about are quads being loud...

We just let are quads do all the talking......
I don't think you understand how this is effecting our sport, and I mean ATV's and Dirtbikes. Noise is really the only thing anti-ATVers have to complain about and actually have somewhat of a point, so lets not give them any more reasons to complain than we have to. Support our sport!

Old 02-15-2006, 09:33 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: AustinONeal
just drop it want it loud make it loud, want it quite make it quite, you buy them to do with what you want..
And you are the type of person who will ruin it for everyone.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: DriverDoyle

So i really dont care what people say about are quads being loud...

We just let are quads do all the talking......
I don't think you understand how this is effecting our sport, and I mean ATV's and Dirtbikes. Noise is really the only thing anti-ATVers have to complain about and actually have somewhat of a point, so lets not give them any more reasons to complain than we have to. Support our sport!
The only complaints you hear at any goverment meeting be it town, city, or county are Vandals tearing up property and LOUD pipes. Its those meetings that control your fate. To many people confuse freedom and idiocy. They are the same ppl who yelled at the top of there lungs, The 2 stroke will never die. With the 2 stroke it wasn't just about pollution it was also the noise they made. And the tree huggers had a big battle about the noise till they spent the money on the research and all the sudden were able to use the pollution as there ammo and won. Its a shame that people think since they are free they can screw with everyone else, and in the end they get screwed. At sanctioned races or in the middle of no place like the dunes loud is fine, but where you interfere with other peoples freedom then its not and in the end you will lose, well actually we all will lose. =[

Quick Reply: LOUDEST PIPE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!