Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee smokes oil

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee smokes oil

i have a 98 banshee my problem is after a complete rebuild it tends to smoke littil more than average on the right side if your sitting on it i notice oil is sipping upon the head coming from under the plug plus it leaks oil down the flange were it connects off of the motor to the pipe . i had this problem before but it really was bad then and i put crank seals in it and that solved that but it still does this now any help would be much apperciated

Old 02-14-2006, 06:47 AM
Pro Rider

Did you use a lot of lubricate when you put it together? If so you could have oil in your pipes.
Take them off and see if they have oil in them.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

i have a 98 banshee my problem is after a complete rebuild it tends to smoke littil more than average on the right side if your sitting on it i notice oil is sipping upon the head coming from under the plug plus it leaks oil down the flange were it connects off of the motor to the pipe . i had this problem before but it really was bad then and i put crank seals in it and that solved that but it still does this now any help would be much apperciated
We just had the same prob with my buddies drag banshee....I still think it is your crank seal on the right side.....if you dont get them in there just right it will still suck oil out of your bottom end and couse a prob......

Old 02-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DriverDoyle

We just had the same prob with my buddies drag banshee....I still think it is your crank seal on the right side.....if you dont get them in there just right it will still suck oil out of your bottom end and couse a prob......
We're having the same problem but on the left side. Seems like it pulls oil out of the transmission or something. Just got it back from A&S Racing and I don't think it's right yet.

Old 02-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Trailblazer

those crank seals can be trickey if your not used to doing that kinda of work it can be a pain in the ***, and some times you just get a weak seal try the seal and also clean out the pipes so when you start is again you wont have oil in or on the pipes good luck ride hard be safe