Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yfz450 vs kfx700 in a drag race

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006 | 04:24 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default yfz450 vs kfx700 in a drag race

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
CAN I COME [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] CAN I PLEASE [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I wanna check em out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Sure, the more the better. Only I don't have that much room available. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

If anyone is going to be around on these dates, by all means, come ride with us.

Several one day trips to Sand Lake throughout the Summer (?)
June 21-25 / Florence, with a day trip to Winchester Bay
August 6-13 / Florence, with a couple of trips to Winchester Bay
September 20-24 / Coos Bay

Old 02-24-2006 | 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RPM
A lot of people simply don't believe what the V is capable of. That is why they simply discredit it and talk it down. But it's like anything else, until you have thrown a leg over it and felt for yourself what it can do, it is simply easier to believe everything you read. I ride with and have ridden several different types of quads. YFZ's, Raptor's, Banshee's, numerous 400's and a couple of Predator's. I can climb as well, if not better than any of these Quads and now with the mods I have, can outrun them all. Not bragging, just Fact and they will confirm it.

So Boom, here is what I will do.

There are a couple of V's that would be more than willing to run you on your YFZ. Both Dmoell (764) and myself have a couple of V-Forces and will be at the Oregon Dunes this summer on 3 different trips. If you are interested in showing us your "Stuff", I tell you what I will do. I will give you a place to park your truck, pitch your tent, feed you and treat you like one of the bunch (As long as you check your attidude at the park entrance.). All you have to do is show up. After the race, we will all have a fun time riding, eating and sitting around the campfire.

Are you a Stand up guy or a Poser? If you want to take me up on it, PM me and I will give you the dates. Hope to here from you soon.

Hey, sorry I have been out, I was on a trip. I am also sorry that SO many of you think you are untouchable on your v-force. You are not fooling me. I am pretty brand specific, as I have ridden all yamaha's all my life. SO I am always going to be one sided when it come to yamaha quads.
It cracks me up how ALL you vforce guys come over on the yamaha threads just to egg on a fight, and then attack like wolves. You all have everything to prove about your quad....I do not. Its a well known fact that the yfz is a FAR more performance oriented machine then you vforces. I could really care less how fast you can go in a straight line.....I had a banshee that excelled at that, and I guarantee NONE of you have a vforce that would even come close to it! There is alot more than just going straight there guys, and if you where real riders you would know that. The suspension isnt all that great....its soft. You cant jump like a 450. You have NO agility in comparison to the 450's.....all you have is this HUNK of a quad that you are capable of making fast is a straight line. WHHOOOOO HOOOOOOO! Congrats. Almost every banshee freak out there will still more than beat you on his/hers modded banshee. Face it, your vforces are not the king $hit. 500+ lbs........you no what kind of power to weight ratio that is.
YOu know, I openly admit I have never ridden one, but I have seen several out riding. I have sat on them......tried picking one up.....and was just not very excited about that thing. I still dont understand how it can be considered a sport quad. It weights as much as a utility quad, and is automatic.
Now I am sure some of you have made you vforces into a decent straight line machine.....buit why bother when for a lot less money you could set up a 700 or a banshee, and have several hundred pounds less?????????????????? -doesnt make sence to me. You guys ride what you want to ride, I will ride what I have.
I thank you very much for the offer to go riding in the oregon dunes, but I have NEVER even had a quad in the sand before...I am an all dirt mx/woods guy. But that was very nice of you to offer (accept the attitude thing). Maybe you guys mistake cockiness for bad attitude. I admit to being cocky, but thats because I am the one with the PROVEN machine, that EVERYONE knows is fast, agile, and one of the top performing quads out there. You on the other hand have the slow (stock) not so good handling (IMO) 516 pound automatic, with less then an exciting power curve.
I just dont understand what would draw you guys to the vforce over the other quads that are out there. If you guys are SO obsessed with haveing a fast straight line quad, why not go with a banshee, or a new 700. IF you want the most agile quad out there, why not go with the yfz? Why sit here and flame me for saying that IMO the yfz is a way better quad, and is actually performance oriented. Lets see......race bred yz dirt bike motor with 5 valve head, DOHC, high compression, race carb, race suspension, 350 lb light, low and agile chassy that is very much capable of 60+ horse at the crank (thats what the STOCK yz makes). There are guys with stock bore 439's with bolt ons making 58-59 horse now............................................... ....................OR, your 516 lb, automatic, utility quad frame, trail suspension, v twin pig of a quad........hmmmmmm........which one.......?????

I am sorry for talking so much crap on these things, but you guys really ask for it thinking that they are just the meanest quads out there, and that they are a force to be reconed with. I will be the first one to tell you that I DO NOT think the yfz is a good platform to start making a drag quad out of, and that there is more more potential in something like the vforce. However, you have to deal with an insane weight problem, and a lot less capable handling then something like the yfz.
My question is, why not go with the 700 or a banshee if all you care about is going fast straight. Is it because you guys dont know how to operate a clutch or what??? Seems like a pretty lazy quad to me, that I always see old fat dudes riding around on with there jump suits.
My yfz was making mid 50's on the dyno....and the scale read 331 lbs. Tell me how frighten I should be again in a drag, unless you guys are running alcohol or nitrous, or turbo, or big bores.......I mean come on.....then put some whoops and corners into the mix and then we'll really see!
I have read all your guys rediculous comments......I have never heard such self glorifying BS in my life. People like "enforcer" (even though we dont get along anymore) should be coming on here and laughing at you for wasting so much time on a quad like this, when all he had to do is get a set of pipes, intake, and the cheetah kit....and NONE of you would be anywhere to be found at the end of a race. Theres guys with 734's out there that I am sure would love to race you on your mighty kfx700 with your big bores. They will be making as much if not more power, with 120 less lbs of dead weight!
Go back to your kawi thread!!!

p.s. I wont reply to this anymore. I have said what I wanted to say......flame me all you want. At the end of the day, these are just words on a computer screen, and you guys are the ones that look so lame trying to take on TRUE SPORT QUADS.
Take care, and thanks again RPM for the invite. If I lived closer, had paddles, and knewwhat the hell I was doing in the sand I would totally consider it!

Later.......let the crying, name calling, and arguing commence!! I wont return to read it!

Old 02-24-2006 | 06:58 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

LMAO.. Aint Boom just the toughest smartest guy around. WOW.. that was an impressive rant of SO FOCKING WHAT. you know what boom those banshees will all woop you on your yfz too. you wont return to read ...my *** [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] .. thats the funniest thing i read. you aint gonna come out and talk chit like that and not read the response.

Do you feel cool for ******* on a quad? does that make you feel like a big tough man? fact is you will learn one day no matter how tough you think you are and how superior your machine is.. someone on an inferior machine will still hand you *** to you. I guess in your perfect world everyone would ride a YFZ to be cool like you. man i wish i could be that cool. to have a YFZ that would have to make my pecker look 12" at least. the girls would just fawn over me if i had a YFZ like boom.

Old 02-24-2006 | 07:01 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

Fair enough, if you don't want to be open minded and try something new, then that is your right.

Anyway, I don't think that I flamed you in any way. In fact I went out of my way and made a friendly offer for you to come and ride with us and was willing to give you the opportunity to see what our V's can do and even let you take one for a spin so that you can form an oppinion based on Facts (Actually riding one) not just on what you believe to be the facts regarding these quads.

Just for the record, I came from a Manual Trans quad, and being lazy or not knowing how to shift has nothing to do with my liking the V. Who said anything about drag racing only? My personal favorite thing to do is ride the idiot holes. These are near vertical hill climbs through the trees.

If you change your mind, you know where to find me.

Old 02-24-2006 | 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

A lot of people simply don't believe what the V is capable of. That is why they simply discredit it and talk it down. But it's like anything else, until you have thrown a leg over it and felt for yourself what it can do, it is simply easier to believe everything you read. I ride with and have ridden several different types of quads. YFZ's, Raptor's, Banshee's, numerous 400's and a couple of Predator's. I can climb as well, if not better than any of these Quads and now with the mods I have, can outrun them all. Not bragging, just Fact and they will confirm it.

So Boom, here is what I will do.

There are a couple of V's that would be more than willing to run you on your YFZ. Both Dmoell (764) and myself have a couple of V-Forces and will be at the Oregon Dunes this summer on 3 different trips. If you are interested in showing us your "Stuff", I tell you what I will do. I will give you a place to park your truck, pitch your tent, feed you and treat you like one of the bunch (As long as you check your attidude at the park entrance.). All you have to do is show up. After the race, we will all have a fun time riding, eating and sitting around the campfire.

Are you a Stand up guy or a Poser? If you want to take me up on it, PM me and I will give you the dates. Hope to here from you soon.
Don't even waste your time RPM, 135boom is 100% Poser! He has proven in several threads that all he can do is talk trash and start fights he can't finish. Arguing with him is pointless.
He has very poor intellectual and social skills.

Old 02-24-2006 | 07:05 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Been following the thread, but hadn't posted, until now.

RPM, I don't know how you could have made a more friendly offer. Come out. Win or lose, you'll take care of him. All for a good time. Hats off to you for that.

Boom, you just plain pussed out.

Old 02-24-2006 | 07:12 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Just for the record, I came from a Manual Trans quad, and being lazy or not knowing how to shift has nothing to do with my liking the V. Who said anything about drag racing only? My personal favorite thing to do is ride the idiot holes. These are near vertical hill climbs through the trees.

If you change your mind, you know where to find me.
Idiot holes are fun fun fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] i bet set up V's come out good. My only riding on V's was in some tight twisty trails and i felt i could go way faster thru the woods on the stock V than my Elka suspended raptor. and i can go fast thru woods on that. The weight of the V is a plus in my book. Smooths out the bumps and actually provides enough weight to alow the suspesion to work without throwing the lil quad all over the place... If i was solely riding an MX track i might have a YFZ. but for generall riding. They are not that neat.

Old 02-24-2006 | 07:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Been following the thread, but hadn't posted, until now.

RPM, I don't know how you could have made a more friendly offer. Come out. Win or lose, you'll take care of him. All for a good time. Hats off to you for that.

Boom, you just plain pussed out.
Yep, I have to agree 100% with Scooter here. If I got an invitation like that, I'd do everything I could to make it. Not having paddles or knowing how to ride on the sand wouldn't stop me and frankly, they are pretty lame excuses.

Very cordial of you RPM to extend the hand like that.

Old 02-24-2006 | 07:24 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

I ride with every kind of quad you can think of (Anywhere between 10 to 25 at any given time) and they will ALL tell you that there just about isn't any idiot hole (Within reason [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]) that my V won't come out of. In fact if you give them a choice to try some of the harder holes on any of our quads, they will pick my V every time. I'm always the last one out, because no matter how chewed up it gets, I can still make it.

Mind you, I'm NO Cory Elis, I will be the first one to admit, that my V makes me look good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2006 | 07:26 PM
Range Rover

RPM...some people can't be helped. They are closed minded and think they are the top dog of everything. They don't even entertain the thought they could be wrong. I laugh when he says they can't handle, only straightline racing...etc. I have the MX trouphies as my proof, I don't need to prove it to anyone else.

Boom, those guys are offering you a sweet weekend ride, take them up on it...Let them swing a leg over your machine...PM me your e-mail address and I'll gladdly send you some pictures of a V that handles on the MX track as well as any other machine...I know at my track I have a lot of guys who were like you, thought a V couldn't perform...changed their thinking of it. They now respect it as a very good sport machine. The V isn't the best at anything but it's very good at everything.

Quick Reply: yfz450 vs kfx700 in a drag race