Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 07:30 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yfz450 vs kfx700 in a drag race

Originally posted by: Webopper
Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Been following the thread, but hadn't posted, until now.

RPM, I don't know how you could have made a more friendly offer. Come out. Win or lose, you'll take care of him. All for a good time. Hats off to you for that.

Boom, you just plain pussed out.
Yep, I have to agree 100% with Scooter here. If I got an invitation like that, I'd do everything I could to make it. Not having paddles or knowing how to ride on the sand wouldn't stop me and frankly, they are pretty lame excuses.

Very cordial of you RPM to extend the hand like that.

Thanks guys.

Truth is, this is my Hobby, and nothing else. If given the choice to fight with someone about which quad is better, or to just go ride with them and let them decide for themselves, well I guess you know my position.

So fight with you I Won't, Ride with you I Will.

That kind of sounded like something Yoda would say. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2006, 08:00 PM
TPR
The Champ

Hell, even I would race RPM on my 400ex stocker.....I would lose, but who really cares because I'd be in the dunes having fun!!!

Fact is I have lined up my 400ex against everything...not that I think I can win, but to see how much my riding skills actually account for the performance. If I get a Rappy or a Z out of the hole with a 2nd gear start and beat them through the whoops to the bottom of the hill, I grin! I also know that they will soon fly right by me, but again, who cares.

I personally raced against a KFX 700 when they came out in a 24 hour team race. That thing rocked!! A little too big for my taste, but thats simple preference.

RPM, good job.....

Boom, if I were you I'd at least become a little more creative in your writing technique before you decide to ramble on in a boring, droning and quite simply, yawn inducing, praying for the sweet release of a coma so the totally long winded run-on sentence I wish this thing was over already (You see where I'm going with this), rant.....would not have to be read. Only to come to the conclusion that you have had nothing at all constructive to say.

Please, I beg of you....go to a creative writing school so that if you ever get into the position of having to write somthing of length aside from "I will not flame other members simply because I am a closed minded twit.."500 times, that it would be mildly entertaining and informative.

TPR

Old 02-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 135boom

It cracks me up how ALL you vforce guys come over on the yamaha threads just to egg on a fight, and then attack like wolves. You all have everything to prove about your quad....I do not. Its a well known fact that the yfz is a FAR more performance oriented machine then you vforces. I could really care less how fast you can go in a straight line.....

Later.......let the crying, name calling, and arguing commence!! I wont return to read it!
Won't return to read...yea right, what a crock. So the Vforce guys came over to egg on a fight?????? Might want to go back to page one, your the one who started the V bashing session. I know I never said anything bad about your bike, although now that you mention it, I rode one once and couldn't wait to get off of it. So what if the YFZ is more performance oriented then the V off the showroom. DUH, Mr. Wizard. The point is, anyone can make an already fast well handling machine better. It takes a little more to make the V competitive. Don't knock it until you try it. By the way, I never mentioned a drag race, maybe you didn't look at my pics. 100% GNCC race ready. Maybe you didn't notice the Elka Elites, Houser stem and a-arms, GPR dampner, and all my other goodies. Yes it is fast in a straight line, but I also carve up a woods trail or track. While your picking the right gear, I'll be accelerating. I know how to shift just fine, but why bother, it interupts my fun. Waste of time arguing with you, but I'm bored, so what the hell

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Bandaman. thats a nice V.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Thing i like about the V in the woods was how the engine braking and instant back on the go after slipping into and out of a tightspot. and its just right on the power commin out VS with a manual it 3rd woulda been luggin and 2nd youd have to shift outta just in time to shift back to it. Personally I get sick of shifting sometimes. Its allot like drivin in rushour traffic. clutch clutch clutch all the friggin time.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not good to quote boom's entire rant here but one part mentioned power to weight ratio and it annoyed me because it was incorrect.

You talk smack on how the V is heavier and then mention power to weight ratio in the same sentence. Now you are going to get a little lesson on power to weight ratio.

Power is generally a function of your displacement (not always but usually). So as you increase weight you also increase displacement which causes the power to weight ratio to go down. You will note that this engine is 697cc, not 439cc or 300cc. I would say that they have taken care of this power to weight issue a little.

The other comments make it obvious that you are trashing something you've never thrown a leg over.

Old 02-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

did some one call ??????? sorry it took too long for me to get here lol lol !!!!!

Old 02-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, you know wussy boom is reading this right now. What a tard! LMAO!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

dude its good to dream !!! but wake up and smell reality !!!!! I,ll pay your way down to baja including your bike , lets see how fast you're ion my terrain lol lol lol , I've never seen a yfz win baja, and the kfx won its first race down there in 03 , like you said it all depends on whoo's the rider , hope to see you down there some day so I can boom boom your behind !!!!

Old 02-27-2006, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RPM

So Boom, here is what I will do.

There are a couple of V's that would be more than willing to run you on your YFZ. Both Dmoell (764) and myself have a couple of V-Forces and will be at the Oregon Dunes this summer on 3 different trips. If you are interested in showing us your "Stuff", I tell you what I will do. I will give you a place to park your truck, pitch your tent, feed you and treat you like one of the bunch (As long as you check your attidude at the park entrance.). All you have to do is show up. After the race, we will all have a fun time riding, eating and sitting around the campfire.

Are you a Stand up guy or a Poser? If you want to take me up on it, PM me and I will give you the dates. Hope to here from you soon.
Can I take you up on the free parking, tent space, and food????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2006, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

I stayed out of this.. I don't expect anyone who hates the V to be convinced by any of this.. but I want to answer to what boom said about going in a straight line...

You don't rides the dunes, but alot of people do.. go to the dunes once, you don't see much MX racing... what you will see is 1000s of bikes drag racing...LOL In this area the V is JUST this year coming into it's own... 2005 was the first year the fast Vs have come onto the scene... don't forget how young the machines are...

I don't think Banshees were setting any records (by todays standards) the 3rd year they were around. Oh and FYI, at Banshees Wars in Dumont, the winner was a 4 stroke...LOL turbo Busa. Well the turbo KFX starts at 200hp and goes up! I don't think the Shees will hold the hill for long.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Give the V a little time, let engine builders learn it, and watch out.

Quick Reply: yfz450 vs kfx700 in a drag race