Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yfz450 vs kfx700 in a drag race

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 08:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yfz450 vs kfx700 in a drag race

Originally posted by: 135boom
They also weight in at an astonomical amount, and every shootout I have ever seen it in, it gets it butt kicked by everything from a pred 500, to a ds 650, to a raptor 660.
You mean the shootouts in the magazines that are always written by the same people who are biased against it to begin with because all they have ever ridden and understand the manners of are manual transmission bikes? So that something that doesn't fit the traditional definition of a sport quad immediately loses points in their minds?

Or maybe these are the magazines where Yamaha takes out 4 full two pages ads that cost several thousand dollars, while the other manufactuers have none. And then they mysteriously win every shootout.

But please keep trashing these bikes, we owners like it that way. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyone who trashes them has never ridden one. Most people who trash them and then ride one shut their mouths shortly afterward.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: ajd187

But please keep trashing these bikes, we owners like it that way. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyone who trashes them has never ridden one. Most people who trash them and then ride one shut their mouths shortly afterward.
I don't understand why wny rider would trash anything.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Do they think having the "popular" quad at the time makes them look good, builds up there self-esteem. I don't care what you have I'll ride with ya, as long as you aren't a ***** who thinks there something because of there quad. Heck, I park my big bikes sometime and ride a friggin 80's moped thru the woods![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

I have a yfz 450 and my dad has a V force and i know for a fact all you gotta do is pipe the V jet it AND MOST IMPORTANT PUT THE RIGHT CLUTCH SPRINGE AND THAT THING WILL MOVE FAST.

135BOOM you need to chill in the sand the V is slow but out on my farm on asphalt i raced an 05 piped and jetted trx 450 with my dads stock V and it was dead even untle he hit his rev limiter and i had about a one mph advantage on top speed. look up this guy in the kawie fourm his name is ALLTOYS he has had theas engins making close to 125hp and he has a stock bore and stroke V motor makeing 70hp at the wheels from a CVT tranmission( whitch robs tuns of power). man i have a yfz myself but i can get over my own pride and admitt something else is good to. grow up.

Just on a side note ALLTOYS also hase a priarie 700 that would lay the whoop down on a yfz.

Old 02-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Trailblazer

i spent $43 dollars on a k&n and $17 on a epi pink spring and my v-force has kicked stock 700 raptors ***....with less than $100 dollars worth of mods. I dont know why people still wont give credit to this machine...for god sakes it weighs over 500 lbs and still performs and is more reliable than any yamaha i ever owned. I have had a 03 raptor 660 and a 01 warrior and they always broke something...mostly rods. I love the auto and if some of you would try it then you would be amazed at how much you like it too. Stop the V-force bashing becuz when it all comes down to it the guy with the most money to buy the most mods is gonna win everytime.

Old 02-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

[quote]

Or maybe these are the magazines where Yamaha takes out 4 full two pages ads that cost several thousand dollars, while the other manufactuers have none. And then they mysteriously win every shootout.

So your saying that every test rider is being paid to say that the Yamaha's are better? Pfffttt...sometimes these guys are not even being paid. If they are, its by the magazine, not yamaha.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MrDumass

So your saying that every test rider is being paid to say that the Yamaha's are better? Pfffttt...sometimes these guys are not even being paid. If they are, its by the magazine, not yamaha.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Yes I realize that. I thought the connection would be clear but I guess not.

It goes something like this:
Yamaha pays the magazine tens of thousands of dollars for advertising in the magazine.

The advertising department perhaps lets the editorial/writing staff know of the large advertising contribution by Yamaha. And how they might be pissed off if their product doesn't win the shootouts, which would cause them to maybe pull their advertising dollars.

The writers rate Yamaha favorably because their bosses told them to.

I'm sure it sounds like a conspiracy theory and it it kinda is but it also probably goes on. Advertising money is what makes commercial media go.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MrDumass

Yes I realize that. I thought the connection would be clear but I guess not.

It goes something like this:
Yamaha pays the magazine tens of thousands of dollars for advertising in the magazine.

The advertising department perhaps lets the editorial/writing staff know of the large advertising contribution by Yamaha. And how they might be pissed off if their product doesn't win the shootouts, which would cause them to maybe pull their advertising dollars.

The writers rate Yamaha favorably because their bosses told them to.

I'm sure it sounds like a conspiracy theory and it it kinda is but it also probably goes on. Advertising money is what makes commercial media go.
I agree with you 100%

Old 02-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Im not trying to be hostile toward anyone, but do you really think you have a valid point bringing up a kfx700 vs a yfz, or raptor, or trx, or banshee. NO. they are not a high performance machine. IMO they are not a sport quad. they are a utility quad with good power and the lack of 4-wheel drive. Ride whatever, I could really give a rip, but dont compare them to the highest performance quads out there! It looks rediculous!!!

"well howbout a 660 grizzly against a 700 raptor........griz really is quick out of the hole etc etc....." Give me a break! 516 pound automatic against some of the lightest, most powerful quads ever made.

Whatever guys!

Old 02-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

..............cause I see SO many kfx 700's OUT hill climbing, OUT dragging, OUT doing anything that the others can do. I see them SO much being used in ANY type of racing. Geez, it has to be on of the most popular quads out there!
Whatever was I thinking buying a racing 450 and an open class 700. Or by god my old banshee, when a 516 lb automatic exsists out there!!
WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!!!!

"1bad450r" Hey man, I am taking off all the performance parts that I want to transfer to my upcoming 06 LE yfz. But before I do that, I am waiting to ride the 06 trx. Stock handling wise, the yfz sounds much better, but the power on the trx is suppose be a lot better. Jsut want to ride one before I go spend 7,000 on a yfz. Jsut want to make sure I am still going the way I feel I need to go!
Chances are I wont beable to ride the ltr450, sounds like it should handle awesome, but from what I have been seeing power wise, they are NO better than a yfz and trx. PLUS, if you take it off the mx track your in for a gearing change and bigger tires and wheels! Not too sure about that four-wheeler yet. Go check out the dyno results if you havnt at exriders.
Later,
135boom

Old 02-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Im not trying to be hostile toward anyone, but do you really think you have a valid point bringing up a kfx700 vs a yfz, or raptor, or trx, or banshee. NO. they are not a high performance machine. IMO they are not a sport quad. they are a utility quad with good power and the lack of 4-wheel drive. Ride whatever, I could really give a rip, but dont compare them to the highest performance quads out there! It looks rediculous!!!

"well howbout a 660 grizzly against a 700 raptor........griz really is quick out of the hole etc etc....." Give me a break! 516 pound automatic against some of the lightest, most powerful quads ever made.

Whatever guys!
Bet i could beat you thru the woods on a KFX 700 while your on your YFZ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] so that makes it a sporty trail machine in my book. I actually like how they handle and perform in the woods. bone stock.. I would preffer a lil differnt clutching. but they do what they are designed to do. Its not an MX quad. Its a trail quad.

Quick Reply: yfz450 vs kfx700 in a drag race