Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

***Raptors at Hare Scramble***

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2000, 05:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it'd be a blast to run in one, but one small problem...the only quad of mine that ran decent was my Bayou. However, it needs new bars, new plastic, a new front rack(not that important) and the front right tire is still outta whack from my little accident. I just wish the Cannondale's was in!
BTW, what is the story with a hare scramble. Is it an actual race or is it more for sh!tz & giggles? I've got a couple of friends who run MX, but I don't think I've ever seen a HS.

Old 11-17-2000, 10:18 AM
Trailblazer

A hare scramble is a real race with a couple series built around them. I just think they are more "enthusiast" friendly. By that I mean that since the course is much longer the racers are not always so close together. It is not such a sprint to the finish like mx. Conquering the terrain and strategy play an important part in the race. I don't mean this to say that h.s are easy, they aren't. Just that they are different and to me much more fun than mx ever was. Imagine going around a 4 to 12 mile loop for 1.5 to 2.5 hours pushing yourself and quad to the ragged edge during most of this. I love it!

Have you heard anything new about the Cannondale. I was thinking about it pretty seriously until a buddy mentioned "what about replacement parts?". If I buy one and bend an a-arm or something at my first race with it am I going to be out for 1 2 maybe 3 weeks or more? This thought keeps making me think I should buy a 400ex and not worry about it. I want to wait until early March and see what the aftermarket develops for the Raptor and hopefully the Cannondale.

Also, isn't there a Cannondale dealer around Nashville? What does he say?

Thanks for the info!

Old 11-17-2000, 05:42 PM
Trailblazer

So I guess they're kinda like an endurance run. Cool.
Yeah, there is a C-dale shop in Nashville. I know the guy who runs it pretty well(we're going deer hunting this weekend actually) and he's told me that the FX400 would ship mid-December. He feels pretty confident about this, but he said with Cannondale's past shipping history, the delivery date could change tomorrow! He's said that they're a real screamer and that between the 433cc fuelie thumper and the aluminum frame, it's gonna shock everyone with it's sick amount of speed and acceleration.
As for aftermarket parts, my thoughts exactly. I'm not too concerned about a-arms and such. A friend of mine races with a guy from Belleville who fabricates components.
It's pretty cool though that there's a Yamaha/Honda dealer, a Cannondale/Kawasaki dealer and a Bombardier dealer all within about a 1/2 miles stretch of Route 127. Makes it pretty tough to decide what to get!!

Thanks for all your help.