Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

MTV survivor

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2000, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was clicking through the channels yesterday...and saw the finals for the MTV survivor show they hosted.
Now I know that those riders were far from experienced....I have never seen a raptor run, but they did look very tippy on that MX track they were running. Nose dives off every jump? Huge..power robbing wheelies off the line?
It was just kind of funny to see the banshee win the overall MX portion of it.
This is by no means a good way for a comparison, considering the riders abilities. It was interesting to watch though.
I do not want/mean for this to turn into a banshee against raptor post...just wondering what everyone who saw it thought?

Old 11-13-2000, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

Am i the only one that notice that only one person on that show had any experiance riding and that was the same guy that brought and road the banshee ?
riders dont matter ???

That means if anyone of us goes against a pro rider we should beat them as long as our machine has a slight edge in power ?? i dont understand the way you guys think

Old 11-13-2000, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

You will notice in the post that the object was not a flame war....
Also mentioned that there were very few experienced riders.
The topic was just for conversation... Thought it was interesting how MTV could hold such an event with liability issues and so forth... I thought it looked like fun.... I'm sure that you or I could have done just as well or better than any of those guys.
This was not a banshee against raptor.........

But as long as you turned it around....I bet If the raptors would have screamed the competition...I would not have been the first to post about it. And no..... The rider has alot to do with real competition..not the machines cc's.

All and all...I thought the whole thing was a joke..... like the race with Tommy lee and that rap guy?
Now the pro dirt bike guys...did a heck of a job on those jumps. That was impressive. It had to be somewhat scary to get on a quad for the first time and start hitting jumps etc. It's no wonder they were all landing on the front tires.

Old 11-14-2000, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

I caught a recap of the show on Monday morning and recorded some of it, only got half of the show need to catch the whole thing, but, the guy on the shee did have experience behind him. I dont know if he brought his own machine or what but if ya say he did, well then he did. But he was riding pretty decent. What ticked me off was that they let those 2 double up on the quad, that's not the right thing to show for us quad riders and the community.

Old 11-14-2000, 06:41 PM
Trailblazer

The survivors at the end that raced the raptors couldnt drive a lick. It took the one in the lead about 5 seconds to drop the clutch and get taken off.

Old 11-14-2000, 06:44 PM
Trailblazer

i bet everyone in these forums coulda spank those guys and tomy lee and redman couldnt ride dirtbikes 4 **** they shoulda practised there riding b4 the event

Old 11-15-2000, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

Yes..Jiga:
The whole event made the sport of ATVing look bad. But thats MTV for you.