Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

which type of power commander should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which type of power commander should i get?

I've got the 700 r with pipe,headers, and filter. I've been selling all my belongings to save up for a power commander, but don't know which one to get. the dyno jet does all the mapping stuff and the trinity and dobeck both seem like there pretty much the same except for push button vs screwdriver. I do alot of riding at the coast, but also would like to go up to 4500 feet or higher at times. does one brand have more advantages over the other? I'm sure this has been discussed more than it needs to, but I would really apprieciate any help I can get. I don't want to spend 200-300 bucks and then regret it. thanks alot, confused.

Old 04-11-2006, 06:55 AM
Range Rover

the power commander is plug and play, but you should not have any problems with a dobeck you can always borrow settings from a forum member with similar mods. You dont need the fuel controller to adjust for altitude the stock efi should do that, so the power commander should be a little more precise, cant go wrong either way.

Old 04-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

RuffCountry is right. All the current after market fuel controls do the same thing. They add fuel where performance enhancements have made the engine run too lean. Dobeck and Trinity are essentially the same thing as Trinity licenses the Dobeck technology and puts their label on it. Power Commander, Dobeck, and Trinity all tap into the signal from the Raptor ECU to the injector and lengthen the time the injector is open. They all only add fuel. None subtract fuel. Power Commander is high on the razzle dazzle scale, but you should be able to get similar results with all. Other options are in the wings.