Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior tie rod ends, NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2000, 06:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 96 warrior that i bought about 3 months ago. I just broke my third tie rod end. the first one I broke jumping on a track. the second i bent then it broke, so it a logical reason to break but the third one was only a week old and the first time i took it to the track with the new tie rod it broke again. same place on the track and the same tie rod all three time. It is the outer right side one. Does anyone know of an upgrade or is anyone else having this problem. A dealer around my house told me to look in to VW tie rods and ends, and cut them down to size and put them in. I am sure if this will work but a tie rod is a tie rod, so if it would fit it should work. ANY IDEAS ANYBODY? I dont have my racing shocks yet but my front end isnt bottoming out or anythign its just breaking right at the joint where the end screws into the rod. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 11-20-2000, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

Wow , that's a strange one. I've never heard of any yamahas having a problem with tie rod ends.The only thing I can think of is that something is bent, so when your susp. compresses it binds and breaks the tie rod.Try removing the shock from the problem side and remove the spring(turn preload collar to lightest notch, compress spring, slide clip out from top and remove spring) put the shock back on and with the front end on a jack, keep lowering inch by inch and turning the bars back and forth and look for anything that comes into contact with any part of the tie rod. The tie rod could be bent or the spindle is bent where the tie rod end bolts onto it.Hope you find the problem,... let us know if you do.

Old 11-21-2000, 09:39 AM
Trailblazer

I broke my first outer tie rod end last week on my warrior. I hit a stump, I really wasn't goin that fast, but it snapped where the threads are. I bought a used one for $20 and it is working fine, for now. On the other side the end is bent, so i figure it is only a matter of time before it breaks. I to am looking for some sort of upgrade, any ideas??