Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help! my 660r gettin dusted by pred

i had the same problem

Old 06-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Slip on, filter and properly jet your carbs and you'll beat him. I have a friend that has an 05 Pred, and he has a hard time hanging.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer

Just get a pipe. I heard that the muffler on the raptors is really restrictive and the machine needs to breathe better.

Old 06-02-2006, 01:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Preds never get any respect...I love that.

Back on topic though, do you know what mods may of been done to the Pred? I mean, I'm not sure what your defination of "destroying" in every gear is, but if he is whippin ya that bad, he may have a 558 kit and gearing and all kinds of stuff done you don't know about. If that's the case, a pipe and jetting aint gonna get ya there...

Other side of the coin there is if he is basically stock -- which doesn't sound like the case here -- then there are other issues that need to be looked at.

Now, last scenario here...we have this guy (kideight) that signed up and posted this question in 15 minutes. He hasn't logged back in since...maybe the whole thread is BS...You Yami guys jump on that one.

Old 06-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Webopper

Now, last scenario here...we have this guy (kideight) that signed up and posted this question in 15 minutes. He hasn't logged back in since...maybe the whole thread is BS...You Yami guys jump on that one.

Ya 1 post wonders lol

Wasnt that a group in the 80's hehe

Old 06-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

get a full exhaust i had hmf 11:1 piston and stage 2 cam with springs and he wont even be close

Old 06-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

Im still thinkin its the rider not the machine, no offense, bro. when i first got my raptor i raced my friends predator both were bone stock and i smoked him. raced again with full exhaust on both and smoked him again. me and this kid ride together everday.

Old 06-03-2006, 02:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2MUCHTorque
Im still thinkin its the rider not the machine, no offense, bro. when i first got my raptor i raced my friends predator both were bone stock and i smoked him. raced again with full exhaust on both and smoked him again. me and this kid ride together everday.
Yea, well I'm thinking when you raced your friends Predator, it was the rider, not the machine. When I raced 660's I beat the crap out of them all the time...

See how this thing can just go back and forth? And I'm fairly well convinced the dude that started this thread is a psuedo from someone starting crap anyway...ditto with wildmanwebb there too.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

My experiences between the two stock for stock is that the raptor was a tad faster, not by a big enough amount to really make much differnece and definetly not to brag about. If we put a rider that was a bit better on one then the other would lose, with equal riders though, the raptor had a slight edge. Its a close race no matter what, neither one of you should be smoking the other one.

One thing I want to say is that putting a 12 tooth sprocket on the front of a raptor will hurt it in a drag race, not help it. I know that it feels faster but it indeed is not. You have to let the big motor use its torque to accelerate it, its not a high revving DOHC engine like the pred and MX bikes have. The raptor doesnt have a hugh top end pull, well stock atleast, if it did, the gearing it down wouldnt hurt it as bad. You have to learn to use the raptors power in a drag race, it has a lot of bottom and midrange, top end is only fair. Not like the predator where you wind it up like a banshee.

kideight - I cant help but notice this is your first post, Welcome. You mention that your bike is a 2005, how well is your engine broke in? Most people overlook this but its a big advantage, and when the bikes are as close as these two are to begin with, it will make a difference. Also if there is a weight advantage this will also contribute.

Someone mentioned something about predators not getting alot of respect. Well I like predators and I thought hard about getting one but i liked the raptor a little better and found a better deal. I do feel that it is a well built machine and Im glad to see polaris continue to sell them and have success. Ive seen them take a beating and bad crashes and start right back up. They are a well engineered bike that does just about everything well, I will not be biased and tell you the raptor would crush it in everything, because the fact maybe that the raptor has beat it in shootouts but it doesnt crush it in anything and gets beat at some things. In the end, buy the one that you are leaning towards and ride it and have fun, they are both great bikes and neither one will disappoint you.

Adam

Old 06-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Range Rover

With a 12t he could possibly launch in second, use the Raptors torque and not loose a bike length with the crappy 1st to 2nd shift of his Raptor.

CRR

Quick Reply: Please help! my 660r gettin dusted by pred