Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help! my 660r gettin dusted by pred

I'll give the launch to you.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys I really appreciate your help! I see there is question about the post and why I haven't logged back in. I have just been reading and not responding because it didn't take long for people to start being rude, and I didn't want to argue so I left it alone. I am back because I want you to know the post is ligit and I am glad some of you guys with 4-stroke smarts are willing to help me out.
As far as the riding issue - you can make fun of me and my riding skills but the fact is I also rode the predator and my friend rode my raptor and the pred is way faster.
As far as the pred upgrades - the guy my friend bought it from didn't think it had any, and I don't know enough about them to be able to tell. This is a bike that has probably had a few owners and has obviously been rode hard. As i mentioned it is wrecked and beat up, thats why my friend got it for $2000. The baffle has been removed, I can see that. It may have an aftermarket pipe, I'm not sure. I do know it sounds awesome.
Thanks for your 4-stroke expertise, as mine is all 2-stroke. This raptor is the first 4-stroke I've had in 21 years. I'll be ordering an air filter, jet kit, and pipe right away!
kideight

Old 06-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

One thing not mentioned is that the intake valve seats on the raptor wear quick. They tighten up and don't seat and leak. This will cause power loss.

Also, the float adjustments tend to change over time. They need periodic adjustment for some reason. It tends to make your bike rich.

The predator is a smigeon faster stock for stock, but he shouldn't be smoking you.

So, check your valves and your floats.

Also, if your buddy is lighter than you, it will be an up hill battle.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

kideight it sounds like one of the previous owners may have raced the predator.

As fas as a full exhaust is concerned, Im going to go with a CT Racing exhaust in the future. It makes 49rwhp and 41.8 ft/lb of torque. The package comes with the jet kit with needles, intake, and the full exhaust. It may however take a little tuning to get it perfect as do all of them.

MasterRaptor - Thanks for the good information. I didnt know about the valve seats.

Old 06-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Range Rover

SpDdEmOn - ?

CRR

Old 06-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

I think this was a B.S thread by some polaris guy. But thats kinda immature to just post something about that...But about the traction thing, yea man, on grass, i cant even beat a twin peaks 700..it hooks up off the get go and i sit and spin 1st - 5th...haha....on the roaduhmmm...well..yea, it got aniahlated..The speedo on that thing said 72 and i blew by it in 4th gear and then hit 5th, so i was doin at least 83 topped out. But why am i getting so off topic? Hmmm...oh yea, cause my tires cant keep me on track.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kideight
Hey guys I really appreciate your help! I see there is question about the post and why I haven't logged back in. I have just been reading and not responding because it didn't take long for people to start being rude, and I didn't want to argue so I left it alone. I am back because I want you to know the post is ligit and I am glad some of you guys with 4-stroke smarts are willing to help me out.
As far as the riding issue - you can make fun of me and my riding skills but the fact is I also rode the predator and my friend rode my raptor and the pred is way faster.
As far as the pred upgrades - the guy my friend bought it from didn't think it had any, and I don't know enough about them to be able to tell. This is a bike that has probably had a few owners and has obviously been rode hard. As i mentioned it is wrecked and beat up, thats why my friend got it for $2000. The baffle has been removed, I can see that. It may have an aftermarket pipe, I'm not sure. I do know it sounds awesome.
Thanks for your 4-stroke expertise, as mine is all 2-stroke. This raptor is the first 4-stroke I've had in 21 years. I'll be ordering an air filter, jet kit, and pipe right away!
kideight
Well, if this tread is legit, someone has some issues. You can guess from my signature that I love to see Preds whoopin on raptors more than most, but I also believe in not spreading the BS, no matter which side of the bread it's going on.

That said, I think there is a problem somewhere. I can see you getting beat, that happens to everyone, but not by that much. Especially if he really is stock...something ain't right there. I'd look into doing like some others here have mentioned -- pipe, filter, and jetting. Maybe take it up one notch also and have it dyno tuned after the mods to ensure it is running at optimum levels. If you are still getting beat after that, your problems are deeper, like in the motor or something.

Old 06-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

Get it built, heres a solution

Bob Craycraft

Ph: 817 441-5893
Fax: 817 441-6219
CraycraftR@aol.com

Old 06-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AustinONeal
Get it built, heres a solution

Bob Craycraft

Ph: 817 441-5893
Fax: 817 441-6219
CraycraftR@aol.com
And you might want to go ahead and have them put the nitrous kit on there too just to make sure you don't get embarrassed by that stock Predator...LMAO!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know.......he said he thinks the Preddy might have an aftermarket exhaust. If so then yeah, it will smoke a stock 660. I can vouch for that.

Quick Reply: Please help! my 660r gettin dusted by pred