Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior exhaust...Looking for something else

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior exhaust...Looking for something else

I bought a Supertrapp IDSII for my '03 Warrior a few months ago...It's alright, but after riding my friends with
an Alien exhaust, I really think I want to "try" something else....The Alien is a little too loud
for my taste, but my Supertrapp(quiet core) is really too"weak" sounding also...I was looking
into the HMF slip-ons...I know I have read posts on here before about how they are a good
match for the Warrior...I am seriously thinking about buying one...I am 42, so I am not a
"kid" but I would like a louder/throatier pipe than my Supertrapp...I am going to purchase the
quiet core insert(HMF) just in case it is too loud...Any ideas/thoughts...I live in a pretty remote
area so noise is not an issue, but the quiet core insert would be nice when I do ride in
populated/and or forest lands....I would appreciate any feedback...And by the way, I am
not looking to race or go 100MPH, I would just like better throttle response and a little better
sound...I rejetted when I installed Supertrapp also(fyi)....Thanks

Old 06-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

The HMF has a good sound on the warriors but it is rather loud. I havent heard one with the quiet core in so not sure how much that will help. The HMF helps out alot down low and had no complaints with mine.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have an 02 warrior with the HMF slip-on, I do not think its to loud . Friends of mine have the FMF excellerator pipe and I think thats louder. The HMF gives a nice deep throaty sound. I also have the quite core and it does tone it down a bit . I opt to not install it unless I have to.
I noticed right away the increase torque in the low to mid RPM range.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

hmf is prolly the best... i noticed that from stock to it... it REALLY opens it up in the low end- mid range...

at badlands.. when my quad was 100% stock.. i would have to be in and out of the throttle... and if i was in 3rd gear.. i would have to be PINNED with speed to make it up the pea gravel hills...

now if i am in 3rd gear and just at like 1/4 throttle i can hammer it and it just takes off... and usually i can do the same in 4th too...

i got prolly a 24hp warrior

Old 06-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
hmf is prolly the best...
What makes you say that. How many different slip ons have you had....

Anyway not wanting to steal your thread 4wheel4food..

I have a pro curcuit T4, its alittle more pricey then some of the other slip ons, but compared to my buddies raptor 350 with a HMF slipon mine isn't nearly as loud. To me the HMF sounds like an empty can (which is what they are anyway). The HMF is a good pipeand you wouldn't be going wrong with it don't get me wrong.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: Pelphrey
Originally posted by: Speedy2222
hmf is prolly the best...
What makes you say that. How many different slip ons have you had....

Anyway not wanting to steal your thread 4wheel4food..

I have a pro curcuit T4, its alittle more pricey then some of the other slip ons, but compared to my buddies raptor 350 with a HMF slipon mine isn't nearly as loud. To me the HMF sounds like an empty can (which is what they are anyway). The HMF is a good pipeand you wouldn't be going wrong with it don't get me wrong.

3 actually

a megamax 2
stock
and hmf

:-p don't hate

although i did forget about the pro-circuit, i like that slip on too...

Old 06-07-2006, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

i have a white brothers e series on mine and i like it. i don't think it's to loud but people behind me say it is.

Old 06-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Range Rover

i have a hmf slipon on my 2000 not to loud sounds great go for it.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the replies...I ordered it last Thursday...Ordered a red one (my warrior is blk/red) so it will take 10-14 days
to arrive according to seller...I will let everyone know how it goes when I get it in.....Thanks again...

Old 06-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I too have an E-Series on my 2000 Warrior, and I like the sound of it with the spark arrestor and without it, although without it you can barely hear the riders next to you. I don't think its too loud with the spark arrestor in place and i don't think you'd have any complaints with it

Quick Reply: Warrior exhaust...Looking for something else