Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 350 vs 400ex

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Raptor 350 vs 400ex

Originally posted by: DriverDoyle
I did not read any of this post...Becouse it is prob the same old stuff...lol...Both are good quads...the 400ex is faster and handles better But a warrior/rappy will run forever..You can make a warrior/rappy faster than a stock 400ex..you can even make them run with the 440ex. I know becouse my wife rides one that i built..But looking back on it.. Its not worth it..Im not going to say how much i have in that warrior but its way too much money...Plus having to buy race gas for it....Ride both and get the one that fills best to you...
fasterthanyou22

Here is your answer from the man you wanted to come into the other thread to support your claims. Knowing Doyle is a lil crazy (lol) He's got way more done to that 350 than a slip on pipe. especially if he is running race gas. So I know he has way high compression in it.

So by all your post's here in this thread and in the other thread, your even contradicting the person (DriverDoyle) that you said would back you up.

Now Doyle's claim is true because we know how he builds.

Your claim is Ummmm a PIPE? dream. So just cause you may have seen his 350 run like a rape ape don't claim yours is just as fast cause you have the same bolt ons as he does, Crack open your case and compare it to his and bet your not even in the same leauge. =]

Sorry Doyle but this kid has been dropping your name in the forums way to much as of late. =]

Old 06-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971

Originally posted by: fasterthanyou22
Stock to stock, the 400 has the 350 without a doubt. Either way the 400 is a better quad with better handling, suspension and a snappier motor. But if you put an exhaust on the 350 the 350 has the 400. Pipe both of them and it will come down to a real close race with either one taking a victory. I would rather have the 400 anyday though. If youre going to buy a new 400, just buy a z400, its way better.

You need to learn to try and understand things you hear. Did you read Doyles responce? Do you understand it?

Theres your answer.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:17 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: xFreebirdx don't claim yours is just as fast

He doesn't even own one of these quads. Doubt he's ever ridden either.

Just breaking wind out the northern end. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uhhmm, first of all bud, i didnt want doyle to come in and back me up with the whole warrior thing... I wanted him to come in for the raptor has more potential than the ds650, read my posts better. The raptor 350 is a neck and neck competitor with the 400ex when piped. When just the 350 is piped, it takes the 400. When both are piped it is a close race, very close, either can have it.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And by the way, i dont own the 350, im just sticking up for it because ive seen it happen. If i havent seen it happen, i wouldnt say all of this ****, i am not that kind of guy. I am the kind of guy that needs to see to believe. I see this stuff happen a lot, i ride with these guys, a lot. I know what i saw, i know how the race went, because i raced them both a couple times with my brother.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!

Uhhmm, first of all bud, i didnt want doyle to come in and back me up with the whole warrior thing... I wanted him to come in for the raptor has more potential than the ds650, read my posts better. The raptor 350 is a neck and neck competitor with the 400ex when piped. When just the 350 is piped, it takes the 400. When both are piped it is a close race, very close, either can have it.
JR, you laying law on the whole class cause you may have seen this happen with 1 quad the ppl disputing you have more time on quads than you have been alive. So soon as you get some hair on your ***** you can come in and try to claim to be a expert. Till then you just keep those pampers fresh.

And Doyle will tell you flat out the DS650 owns the 660. Mod them both out to the max and the 660 wont even come close.

My proof is the rapter smoked the DS out of the hole by 50' and the DS smoked it at the top of the hill. You may be too young to remember 4 stroke wars and who went home the champion. Wanna talk about the 300' world record holder? Ask MrHP.

I don't wanna hear no crap about a rappy with a rocket motor on it. That would only fascinate a child. Get my point!

Old 06-23-2006, 04:29 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have I ever mentioned next to my 400 I have the most seat time on a Yammy 350?

Old 06-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!

And by the way, i dont own the 350, im just sticking up for it because ive seen it happen. If i havent seen it happen, i wouldnt say all of this ****, i am not that kind of guy. I am the kind of guy that needs to see to believe. I see this stuff happen a lot, i ride with these guys, a lot. I know what i saw, i know how the race went, because i raced them both a couple times with my brother.
Your not a guy, your a boy. There is a big difference. Want respect earn it.

The ppl trying to explain things to you have more miles backing a quad up than you'll aquire in the next 15 years going forward.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IF, big IF, you saw a 350 run with a EX, it is due to rider error, or the EX was running like crap.

Oh, and I doubt Doyle will say that a 660 will out mod a DS by leaps and bounds, Besides, like FreeBird said, the DS's won all the big drag racing events.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!

I have the proof to back it up also. =]

King Of The Hill Video

Quick Reply: Raptor 350 vs 400ex