Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Is a Raptor 350 a good bike for me

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is a Raptor 350 a good bike for me

Iam a skilled aggresive trial rider I like to go fast on trails and iam 13 5'6 and about 120 pounds the next wheeler I will be looking at in about 2-3 will be 450r or yfz

Old 06-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer

Also does the raptor have good accel and jump of the start

Old 06-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Range Rover

if you are looking for speed and acceleration the the 350 raptor is not what you are looking for,if you are a great aggressive rider i would recommend a 450r.yfz,or the varity of 400's.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Trailblazer

I cant get the 450's right now those wheelrs are too much right now i will get those as my next wheeler Iam thinking about the 400ex but the raptor goes faster then a blaster and i have ride a blaster and a blaster if good speed for me so the raptor shouldbe pretty good

Old 06-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you're on a budget and considering the raptor 350, also consider a warrior. It's almost the exact same machine, only with a few minor differences, and you can get a warrior for cheap compared to the price of a raptor 350. There's no sense in spending a lot of money when you already have plans of trading it in eventually.

Also consider the 400ex, it can be found for right around the same price of the raptor 350, sometimes less, and it's a little more powerful, and has slightly better suspension. It just doesn't have reverse, but not everyone cares about that.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: recon99
If you're on a budget and considering the raptor 350, also consider a warrior. It's almost the exact same machine, only with a few minor differences, and you can get a warrior for cheap compared to the price of a raptor 350. There's no sense in spending a lot of money when you already have plans of trading it in eventually.

Also consider the 400ex, it can be found for right around the same price of the raptor 350, sometimes less, and it's a little more powerful, and has slightly better suspension. It just doesn't have reverse, but not everyone cares about that.
Ok but what do you ride just wondering?

Old 06-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The warrior (in my signature). I love it, and really I don't think i'd trade it for any other quad. I just like the way the engine pulls hard no matter what, even when you're in too high of a gear and ******* it. It's kinda like a tractor when you ride slow, but it takes off like a bat out of hell when I want it to. Keep in mind that mine's not stock, but I can stomp on 400ex's and hang right with a piped z400. A stock warrior will be closely matched with a blaster in acceleration, and will be a few mph faster at top speed. Take off the airbox lid with a clamp-on filter, get a slip-on exhaust, and rejet it and you'll be able to pull on the blaster anywhere.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: recon99
The warrior (in my signature). I love it, and really I don't think i'd trade it for any other quad. I just like the way the engine pulls hard no matter what, even when you're in too high of a gear and ******* it. It's kinda like a tractor when you ride slow, but it takes off like a bat out of hell when I want it to. Keep in mind that mine's not stock, but I can stomp on 400ex's and hang right with a piped z400. A stock warrior will be closely matched with a blaster in acceleration, and will be a few mph faster at top speed. Take off the airbox lid with a clamp-on filter, get a slip-on exhaust, and rejet it and you'll be able to pull on the blaster anywhere.
Thats what I might do get a raptor 350 and put some money into it get it going fast and I like the raptors better then the warriors becuase it is lighter but the warriors are nice and yours sounds really nice

Old 06-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The raptor weighs like 15 pounds less, I don't think that's worth spending another $1,000 or whatever the price difference is. Put that $1,000 into modding a warrior and you won't be complaining about it weighing 15 pounds too much. You can't even feel the difference of 15 pounds, and $1,000 will easily get you a clamp on filter kit, exhaust, and a good high lift cam and heavy duty springs to go with it. That'll very easily put you over a raptor, those mods are good for about 8 horsepower on top of the stock 20 hp.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Trailblazer

Oh I heard some guy say it was like over 100 pound differnece between the two

Quick Reply: Is a Raptor 350 a good bike for me