Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

quad got impounded

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quad got impounded

Originally posted by: TL450R
they cant just take it for being on the street is what i dont get. you werent riding it on the street so there is nothing wrong. thats like saying having a self powered lawnmower on the street can be taken. i dont get this. something is missing here
They certainly can take the bike for just being on the street. Look at it like a car or street motorcycle. If you drive or park an unregistered car on the road, the cops can impound it for being unregistered. That's more than likely what they did in his case, it may have been parked, but it was definately not registered. The "V" in atv stands for vehicle, so it can therefore be impounded.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Trailblazer

Long Treads sometimes bore me too! The part your missing is where he drove it from the front lawn area, to the street. Warriorboy got popped by some officers laying in wait. Weak bust but stlll illeagal in most states. Dout he'll do it twice! Soneone on the fourm has a trailer quote on their page that I like, that reads " We must be young and dumb before we can be old and wise." Live and learn is what I say! We've all been there! The definition of true ignorance or insanity would be: To do the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.
What A ugly surprize, hun Warriorboy.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Trailblazer

ok for real, im a hard core rider like you imsure .. ive out run the cops and all of that . but your living on the Island , my guess by the look of the stuff you have on your quad, you were having a blast right near by and carried it in to the RD for a little bit .. come on man your on the island , cops hate every thing there .. move is my advise .. if you realy like to ride move out west or to TN.. F NY i lived there for years and finaly said i want to ride all day and have no one say squat to me ...

Old 06-21-2006, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LBracing
ok for real, im a hard core rider like you imsure .. ive out run the cops and all of that . but your living on the Island , my guess by the look of the stuff you have on your quad, you were having a blast right near by and carried it in to the RD for a little bit .. come on man your on the island , cops hate every thing there .. move is my advise .. if you realy like to ride move out west or to TN.. F NY i lived there for years and finaly said i want to ride all day and have no one say squat to me ...
I see you are from N.C. I saw you can rent dune buggies out on the outerbanks...is this legal? or they just don't inforce it....

people were riding them up and down the only road that connects the island... rt12 I think