Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

RAPTOR CLUTCH PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2000, 02:19 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The race in Arkansas last weekend was fun.It was very muddy and alot of water puddles.It was my first time on an ATV.I had raced the last two prior years on the bike event but this is my first performance ATV.For anyone in the Ark.area
that has thought of racing this race my suggestion is "do it!" There where 8 different classes including a utility, womens,and a team
class. Last year was a big turnout but this year was a little smaller but still pretty good.I assume because of all the rain.It is a five hour trip for me, but I plan on racing it every year.
As for being good enough to race it.You'll never know till you try. Besides it's exciting and good execise.Check out RFGP.net.That is that events web site.

Old 11-29-2000, 02:21 AM
Trailblazer

The race in Arkansas last weekend was fun.It was very muddy and alot of water puddles.It was my first time on an ATV.I had raced the last two prior years on the bike event but this is my first performance ATV.For anyone in the Ark.area
that has thought of racing this race my suggestion is "do it!" There where 8 different classes including a utility, womens,and a team
class. Last year was a big turnout but this year was a little smaller but still pretty good.I assume because of all the rain.It is a five hour trip for me, but I plan on racing it every year.
As for being good enough to race it.You'll never know till you try. Besides it's exciting and good execise.Check out RFGP.net.That is that events web site.

Old 11-29-2000, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

I had had some clutch problem similar to yours. I find that when I get in a bind on the trails or onslme climbs, I have to slip the clutch and sometimes it gets so how it will not work and I have to let it cool off before I can get out of the bind I am in. This has happened several time in the last 3 weeks I have had it. After it cools, it seems to recover.

Old 11-30-2000, 05:21 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, the AR HS series is very beginner friendly, plan on attending some events, we need some ATV support in the series.

We generally have 2 classes, amateur and pro, that will change if we start getting more riders...

What do you ride Adam? I am in Branson, not too far away at all...

See www.arkansasharescramble.com

Hey Bill (Raptorlips) - I don't think we were formerly introduced, but I believe you met and raced against one of my riding buddys, Jimmy, at the race (stock 400EX with ring wheels, lifted Black Blazer, towing bikes on a flat trailer). He ended up taking 2nd in your class.

BTW. The results are up on the site now... www.rfgp.net. You'll have to weed thru the dirtbike results too.

-- Your overall 2000 RFGP Champion, on the only pesky little 400EX in the Pro class:

Old 11-30-2000, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Raptorrider2001 thats the same exact thing mine does, have you talked to your dealer or Yamaha about it and if so what did they say??

Old 12-01-2000, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Does anyone no if any of the aftermarket companys are making clutch kits yet??Mine seems to be ok but just in case want to be ready to go.