Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Please help, streetbike question....

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help, streetbike question....

I have a 2002 R6 and its been acting weird since i got it. For awhile i thought it was the clutch or tire hook up problem. However i just read a jetting article that raised a red flag. The bike feels like its "skipping" in first and second gear at full throttle (skips at about 8-9000 rmps with 15.5000 redline) its kind of hard to explain. The more i think about it the more i think it is a jetting problem and not a clutch or tire problem. I dont think it is a clutch problem because the clutch is only a year or 2 old and the bike wasnt ridden much after the previous owner put it in. I switched oil from turbo formulated 10W-30 amsoil to 0w-40 wet clutch compatible amsoil thinking that was the problem but i definitly think it is a jetting problem (oil didnt fix it obviously). Any suggestions on what jet i should change? I live in south eastern michigan and im not sure what the altitude is here. I ride the bike in temperatures anywhere from 32F-100F. Pretty much the only thing that keeps me off of it is snow.

P.S. The owner had the bike professionally jetted in the port huron area (couple hours north of me) when he got the exhaust put on and im thinking they didnt do a great job at it. Also the owner said that the valves will probably need to be redone soon as well, could the valves cause this problem?

Hope you dont mind the streetbike question but i didnt know where else to find answers. Just think of it as a 700r raptor question

Bottom line.... Do you think the jetting is the problem? If so what jet do i change to fix it?