Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HELP - no throttle response

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP - no throttle response

went to start the 2003 rappy with a GYTR jet kit and open lid w/ yoshi pipe. fired it up today and it backfired on start, but started ok. ran it just day before yesterday and it worked fine. i have had some nephews and nieces over and wonder if the throttle has been played with quite a bit with it sitting...however - i cannot seem to get it to respond to the throttle at all - starts misfiring almost immediately as I hit the throttle - idle control is fine....how do i fix this.... are the bowls flooded - i figured that would have fixed itself???? now the thing wont rev past 2000rpm... - im sure its a simple fix, but dont want to learn as I go taking the plastics etc off to work on the carb unless i have to....

Old 08-11-2006, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

I am having a prob with my ds650 carb also and have a similar kit but mine is an alba it sounds like you should be able to adjust the pilot jet and it should work out fine check the plugs and see how they are but it sounds like you havent ridden it enough to show anything try adjusting the cable and maybe the idle screw also

Old 08-11-2006, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Your E brake has been played with..Move it around..If your E- Brake is set its like a rev limiter it will not go..

Old 08-11-2006, 01:10 AM
Range Rover

thats a great point DriverDoyle - I will check that - now they are all sleeping so I cant...i thought it may have had the reverse limiter stuck on but I played between R and 1 &2 and there was no change..... the parking brake is off so I dont know if that could be it - it feels just like you said though as the reverse limiter is on - any easy way to check?

Old 08-11-2006, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

good call different setup then mine...driver doyle could you give me any pointers my quad only backfires when it is being shut off and my plugs have a white tip...I have the alba racing full system with a 185 main and K&N with no airbox lid...I tried adjusting the pilot jet but it made it backfire at lower rpms and crackle

Old 08-11-2006, 01:32 AM
Range Rover

no offense dude - but you are hijacking my thread! this is a yamaha forum last time i checked?? WTF. thats why the different setup....

Old 08-11-2006, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bombrider04
good call different setup then mine...driver doyle could you give me any pointers my quad only backfires when it is being shut off and my plugs have a white tip...I have the alba racing full system with a 185 main and K&N with no airbox lid...I tried adjusting the pilot jet but it made it backfire at lower rpms and crackle
white tip huh sound lean everplayed with the needle any?

Trending Topics

Old 08-11-2006, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

Well you pilot is too small go up a size..And go up on your mains to a 190..Your running lean..you have to much air going in and not enough fuel..

Old 08-11-2006, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

driver and austin thank you I will try moving up one tom and see what happens thanks alot...the design on the ds has a lousy routing for the gas cap ventilation which is on the side of the gas tank not the cap and people have been having porbs with that so I will check them both out tom...bikes are looking sick both of you nice job

Old 08-11-2006, 02:17 AM
Range Rover

maybe i would have got some help if you rude jersey p*&ick would have kept your questions on your bomber forum...rude p*&ck - i appreciated the help i got before you started siphoning off your rubbish - remember: if you look up and see yamaha on the top of the topic you are in it does not mean you - you seem to ride bombardier & suzuki. thanks a bunch for your yankee help arrogant a$$. I guess I will just try figure it out myself.

Quick Reply: HELP - no throttle response