Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New to Boards-Blaster Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Boards-Blaster Question

Hi everyone, I am a newbie to the boards. I have a 2002 Yamaha Blaster, just got it 2 weeks ago. It has some A/M parts+work done and I really am loving this sport!

I have 2 questions......

1. After a recent "hard ride" I noticed that when I kick start my bike while in gear it will tend to jump forward. It is almost like not having the clutch pulled in but I have it all the way in. There are no problems shifting or anything once started>>>>>any ideas on whats going on?

2. How do you adjust the rear brake on an 02 Blaster?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 10-29-2006, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

On the clutch maybe check the adjustment and oil level. For the brakes, adjusting the brakes on pre03 Blaster isn't gonna solve the problem you have. But , there is a fix here is links to online service manual and the fix for the rear brakes.

Service Manual
Rear Brake Fix

Old 10-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

try adjustin ur clutch and check ur fluid level. mine did it to, but it was cause my clutch took a poop on me and my cable stretched. if u cant adjust it anymore try replacin the cable. they do stretch, mine did. i wouldnt even waist my time with those rear brakes. i had a blaster zone rear hydro kit on mine with the stainless lines and i loved it. it was the self adjusting one. i recomend that to anyone with a blaster. if i were to ever get one again that would be the first thing i get for it. u can get banshee spindles, rotors, and calipers, clutch lever and resivar and put them on the front, my friends got taht done on his and its really nice.

Old 10-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

go to www.blasterzone.com if u wanted to see there rear hydro kit. they got some other nice stuff on there to.... the extended swing arms are prtty cheep to

Old 10-29-2006, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

o ya and welcome to the forum [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

The hydro kits are nice but are kind of expensive. For trail riding the parking brake eliminator, and new pads for a total of $60 is hard to beat. Also there is extended swing arms on Blaster Riders for $85. I love that Blue Diablo on Blasterzone

Old 10-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

i didnt think the kit was 2 expensive... 200 with the steel braded brake lines.... somethin that is to pricey is exhausts.... full mac exhaust for my 5.0 mustang was cheeper than if i get full exhaust for my raptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2006, 08:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all of the replies fellas. I will check the things you guys said and let you kow if it works.

I did look at an 06 Blaster SE yesterday, the all black one with flame graphics. I instantly got the itch so I may have another addition to the fam today. Any comments on the 06's?

Old 10-31-2006, 09:50 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forums.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2006, 10:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would have to say, if you are going to buy another quad you might want to grab something a class or 2 up from the Blaster instead. Sure you will pay more, but you also get more. And you already have a Blaster.

Quick Reply: New to Boards-Blaster Question